Stereo Pan (L/R)

leecappella

Why does panning to either left or right make the once stereo recording sound mono? How can I make the balance of the recording playback in the middle of L/R instead of what it's doing now, which is playing more on the left side of the stereo playback? Thanks.

As far as I know (correct me if I am wrong, NCH), WavePad does not possess this capability. This is not the first time that this subject has been broached in the WavePad forum. Right and left channels cannot be independently manipulated, although they can be separated for viewing. Thus if you want to achieve a balance between the right and left channels within the sound file itself, rather than by using a channel balance control somewhere within the reproduction chain, you will have to use a different sound editing program.

If you, a novice WavePad user, are SERIOUSLY interested in pursuing this particular topic (been there, done that--and routinely balance the right/left channels when processing music files), send me a private message and I will provide you with one fully tried and confirmed solution. I suspect, however, that this little task may be more than you are willing to bite off at this point in time :-).

gooroo

• 11 years later...

Videopad - sorry wrong page, 

Interesting,  if you load a stereo clip,  you get stereo VU display, but if you add a mono track it reverts to mono, and the pan control only works left.  Am I doing something wrong or is it a software failing.   PS,  I've been using final cut on mac for over ten years.