Huge Temp File In C:\Windows\Temp

jackgh

I'm really struggling to make IVM work for me. I've had issues getting it to work in my office where I have 2 numbers on a hunt group. There were some issues which MAY have been caused by problems with the lines themselves. Regardless, I installed IVM 4.20 on my laptop and connected my Synway SHT-2B/USB 2-line device to it. I took this setup to my house tonight and tested it on my phone at home. Things started looking extremely well. I made about 35 calls and it worked without a hitch. Until all of a sudden my hard drive ran out of disk space! An 80 gig file was located in c:\windows\temp!

After spending a couple of minutes trying to figure out when and how this was happening, I found the following:

(note: let's assume that this sequence is done after a clean restart of the IVM Windows service and there)

1. I make a call to the line, IVM picks up normally, and I leave a message.
  2. At this point, there's no temp file.
  3. I hang up and IVM detects a disconnect and releases the line.
  4. Right away, a temp is created in c:\windows\temp and starts to grow. At this point, there is no call being made, nothing at all. IVM is "supposedly" idle. Keep in mind that this starts after IVM disconnects the line, not during the time I leave the message or before. The file grows at a staggering rate, within a minute it's almost a gig. My hard drive is working overtime.
  5. I place another call to the system, and it picks up like normal. The line is NOT busy. Everything seems normal. In the meantime, the temp file is growing.
  6. And this goes on and on until the hard drive runs out of space. If I restart the IVM service, the temp file is deleted automatically.

This is a section of the IVM log file that shows the sequence for one call. Is there anything that looks different? I'm wondering if there's something missing such as something that would stop the recording of the .wav file. Notice that there's a "Recording File..." but there's no indication that the recording of the file stopped. I'm not sure if this is anything.

21:10:17 Ringing on Line CAHTA 1 detected. Waiting until ring number 2.

21:10:17 CAHTA 1 CAHTA 1 [Answered]

21:10:17 Answered line [2 "CAHTA 1"] call number [43] cid [] did[CAHTA 1] drn[0 (0ms)]

21:10:17 Play file: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\OGMs\Default Answering Message.wav

21:10:25 Command - Leave Message

21:10:25 Leave Message for Mailbox: Default

21:10:25 Play system prompt: RecordTone

21:10:25 Recording File: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\IVM\MailBoxes\Default ICM000044.wav

21:10:41 Call disconnected

This is on Dell XPS M1330 a laptop with XP Pro with service pack 3. The system is very clean. In fact I rebuilt this laptop about 3 days ago. There is NO WAY that this is normal. I'm runnng the latest versions of both IVM as well as the Synway drivers. I also ran Process Explorer (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx) to see what is actually creating the temp file. And it was in fact IVM.exe. I thought that maybe it's the Synway drivers themselves. I suppose it could still be technically the drivers doing this but I think you need to be an expert in telephony to understand the settings and troubleshoot them.

If anybody has any thoughts or advice, I would appreciate the feedback.

Thank you,

Jack

• 1 month later...
Guest NCHne

Blacksmith,

Are you running SP3 as well?

We are working on a solution/fix.

Is everyone using a CAHTA device as well?

• 3 weeks later...