what is a mailbox id - remote access problem

ronp923

I am trying ivm I love it except for I am having one problem.

I cannot access the system remotely. I followed the settings exactly and I get an error message

"that is not a valid mailbox id"

I have only one mailbox and I have set the code to 8888

I am using a zoom voice modem is this the problem ??

I cannot seem to find the mailbox id

I have ordered a way2call box will this help

thanks in advance

ron

I struggled with this and a bunch of other things last night while dealing with some general modem detection issues. Regarding your particular issue, the mailbox ID is actually the name of the mailbox. When you first setup IVM, for example, there is one mailbox and its name is Default. So for this mailbox, you would enter 'default' (without the single quotes) and the numeric code that you picked for the password. I hope this helps.

Now if someone would tell me what the default login/password (or how to set them up) for the web management interface, I'll be good to go.

Jack

I cannot access the system remotely. I followed the settings exactly and I get an error message

thanks in advance

ron

thanks in advance

ron

• 2 weeks later...

For web access, go to Settings>Web Access and select one of the URLs provided.

Same as remote phone access you just have to type in the access code, which is unique for each mailbox. No mailbox ID or name will be asked.

Hope this helps,

• 2 months later...
I struggled with this and a bunch of other things last night while dealing with some general modem detection issues. Regarding your particular issue, the mailbox ID is actually the name of the mailbox. When you first setup IVM, for example, there is one mailbox and its name is Default. So for this mailbox, you would enter 'default' (without the single quotes) and the numeric code that you picked for the password. I hope this helps.

Now if someone would tell me what the default login/password (or how to set them up) for the web management interface, I'll be good to go.

Jack

Hi Jack,

How do you enter 'default' on a numeric key pad? I tried spelling out the word on the key pad but it won't work that way it seems. My set up worked when I renamed the mail box ID with a sequence number. But I would prefer giving them alpha names.

Thanks in advance...