Emailing of invoices, quotes ect...

Forced Innovations

:( I cant seem to figure out how to either email my invoices, quotes and other things thru this program. It keeps saying that its unable to connect to server..... I am new to this program and dont know how to set the settings if needed or how to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated as I have tried looking throughout the forums here and even went out on google trying to find answers and nothing yet.

Thanks,

Raul

Forced Innovations

Hi,

have a read over this page http://www.nch.com.au/kb/10018.html, The business products cannot use MAPI so read over the last two options. If you're already half way through this process and getting errors, you're going to have to give us some specific information

I tried it all and still no success. I'm not all into this program n smtp's so u know, lol. But, I have comcast for internet provider and also have comcast email as-well. i input the smtp.comcast.net on the smpt mail host, put in my user name and password, left "use secure connection" unchecked (even clicked on it to check it), "if server is down, attempt to send directly" checked, and typed in my default reply email as my hotmail email address to where I want the replies to go to. even did the comcast email as reply, and yet get the same message as stated on the first question.

I dont know whats up but im not happy with it, I can do anything I want on the program no problems but this emailing issue is bugging me because I have to then take the quotes out to customers and/or invoices with approvals...

Please help before I switch to another program, I love this program because it doesnt offer me things i dont need but has all the things I really use on a daily basis.

Thanks alot,

Raul

Forced Innovations

Check with Comcast that you have the correct settings for your server, and username and password is correct. Then if that fails, you will have to contact our support team for further investigation through this link

alright, well now its working fine. I did nothing different, basically let it go for 2days and now its working. maybe it needed to get setup or something, aside all that, u guys are awesome. thanks for the help nchaj. now i have a bit more understanding on smtp's n such..

thanks alot and ill be back if any other problems should arrise. for now this program rocks. haha

Raul

Forced Innovations

• 2 months later...

Fairly new user to EI myself. I have been playing with it off and on for the last couple of months. The source code for my own handmade POS program was lost on a crashed drive and instead of trying to re-create the program from scratch, I started searching for a sutiable replacement.

I went ahead and paid for the Pro version last night since they are running the deal right now.

Email setup was a bit**! I tried to use SMTP/SSL through my company email, which is on an Yahoo server. The first thing I ran into was the port number identification. After doing some reading, I found out the SMTP address had to be appended with :PORT Once I did this, it attempted to connect, but no go.

I eventually had to use my Gmail account SMTP access to send emails. I HATE this because my customers are seeing the gmail address for reply. Even after I changed the reply-to option.

Make sure you have the correct server address and port number. Use SSL and make sure all of your server authentication login is correct.