Prism for Mac keeps crashing every time I try to convert

Wonderlady

I am trying to convert .wmv files to .avi files so I can edit them, and every time the program crashes.

I am on a relatively new iMac, running 10.4.11, and I have reinstalled the program several times, and I keep getting the same result.

Would love to get an answer on this ASAP.

Thanks!

Ruth

P.S. Here's what shows up in the crash log:

Host Name: Wonderlady

Date/Time: 2009-01-28 14:19:09.572 -0800

OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167)

Report Version: 4

Command: Prism

Path: /Applications/Prism.app/Contents/MacOS/Prism

Parent: WindowServer [68]

Version: ??? (1.0)

PID: 251

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _open$UNIX2003

Referenced from: /usr/local/lib/libavformat.52.dylib

Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Elder Norm here, my computer does not lock up or quit (MacBook) but it does (always) indicate that the file is not a valid file. Even if the file plays on a different computer.

It has to be a software conflict. PS NCH: What is the easiest way to totally remove Prism and reload the free version? I need to try that and see if this and other conflicts go away. This test would confirm a possible software conflict.

Elder Norm

• 2 weeks later...

I did a find for "prism" and removed all references to it 2 or 3 times and tried both the free and the plus version but with no luck. Regardless of file size, type, etc. Crashes the program every time. I tried the PPC version on a different computer and it worked great. I hope they fix the intel version soon.

Elder Norm here, my computer does not lock up or quit (MacBook) but it does (always) indicate that the file is not a valid file. Even if the file plays on a different computer.

It has to be a software conflict. PS NCH: What is the easiest way to totally remove Prism and reload the free version? I need to try that and see if this and other conflicts go away. This test would confirm a possible software conflict.

Elder Norm

• 1 month later...
Guest nchaj

A new version will be out soon, if you are outside your free trial period just mention this thread or the show stopper bug to get the upgrade for free