Song Randomization

scodavis

• 2 months later...

Hello

I'm not sure whether this is possible with Broadwave - others might correct me.

I use Broadwave in conjunction with radio automation software - for example, the free program ZaraRadio. Zara will manage the music / playlist (and a lot more), whereas Broadwave manages the streaming.

The "live" streaming source can be selected using Windows sound mixer's Recording Properties (Options / properties / recording) - select "line-in" to stream live sound from an audio source, or in the case where you use zara or similar, select "stereo mix" or similar channel name in the mixer properties.

• 1 month later...
Hello

I'm not sure whether this is possible with Broadwave - others might correct me.

I use Broadwave in conjunction with radio automation software - for example, the free program ZaraRadio. Zara will manage the music / playlist (and a lot more), whereas Broadwave manages the streaming.

The "live" streaming source can be selected using Windows sound mixer's Recording Properties (Options / properties / recording) - select "line-in" to stream live sound from an audio source, or in the case where you use zara or similar, select "stereo mix" or similar channel name in the mixer properties.

hello , my name is CHRIS . I HAVE THE ZARA software , but PPPPlease , can you help me on how to get Broadwave set up and streaming with ZARA as you have .. i have had absolute stress trying to do it , PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME kind regards chris ..eggon1@bigpond.com

hello , my name is CHRIS . I HAVE THE ZARA software , but PPPPlease , can you help me on how to get Broadwave set up and streaming with ZARA as you have .. i have had absolute stress trying to do it , PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME kind regards chris ..eggon1@bigpond.com

Hi Chris,

Step 1 is to get Zara to play to your PC's output (e.g. line-out or speakers). If you need help with Zara, post the question on the ZaraRadio forum to avoid cluttering up this question. If you can't get Zara working, you can just use something like Windows Media player in the meantime to play any MP3 in order to test out Broadwave.

Step 2 is to set your mixer, Volume Control / Recording Properties and select the source:

- for Broadwave's "live 1" channel to come from the line-in socket on your pC, select Line-In, but alternatively what you want in this case is

- for Broadwave to relay the sound from ZaraRadio or Win Media Player, select "Mixer" or Stereo Mix" or similar - the actual name will depend on your PC's drivers or audio settings.

Now if something's playing, you will see the level meter for Broadwave Live 1 moving according to what's playing.

Step 3, check your PC's firewall allows incoming connections ont he same port you've configured Broadwave to use.

Step 4, try to listen to the stream using a different PC on your local network, using the URL suggested by the "connect" button in Broadwave. If you are using Winamp to listen on the second PC you can shorten it to http://192.168.1.5:88/broadwave.mp3 - of course, use your own local IP address (instead of 192.168.1.5) and port number (instead of 88). If this works then you are nearly there.

Step 5. open the same port in your router's firewall, and assign that port to the internal IP address as you used above.

Step 6, point the second PC (or a friend's somewhere else on the internet) at http:// your PUBLIC IP address: port/broadwave.mp3 and if it's all set up correctly it's done. If it works at step 4 but not here, then you need to look at your router's firewall & port forwarding set-up

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Hi...

So Broadwave ONLY plays the tracks in alphabetical order???..That sux. How can I get this randomized? I tried making a playlist according to file size, but Broadwave UPLOADS alphabetically again.....

And...Can someone tell me how I can use Zulu or another mixer with Broadwave? Is that ONLY for live???

I finally got this worked out and should have come back here to post it. Sorry!

Edited by skipper