temp file creation

sagven55

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I've been testing IM with a 2-line USB CAHTA device and I've been having all sorts of problems. I throught it's the computer its installed on (Windows 2000 on a new Dell SC420 server). So I installed it on an XP Pro SC420 server and the same thing is happening. I've been hammering it with lots of calls to make sure the system is solid before I start using it for my customers. Every 10-15 calls, it sort of gets into a wierd "state" where it thinks it answered the line and keeps recording this HUGE file in \windows\temp until the HD fills up. The line in the meantime is held up and I end up killing IVM or restarting the computer.

This is extremely frustrating and I'm seriously considering returning the modem for a refund. Will someone at NCH please provide some feedback???

Jack

HI,

i get a tmpB91.tmp file created in c:\windows\temp\ folder and its file size goes for 13GB. i need to restart the machine and then for whole day it creates small files. can anybody help on this?

These files are always created and they are stored there if they have no place to go.

Are you both running CAHTA boards and if so what driver are you using?

Synway has had some problems with tone detection with their drivers. They believe to have fixed it with their latest driver, 5.0.3.0.

What versions of our software are you running?

Can rename the files to a .wav file, and will they play audio?

I'm running the 2-port USB CAHTA board with the latest versions of both the driver (5.0.3) and IVM (4.20). Sorry for my post in the VRS forum regarding an IVM problem but I think that this is the same problem with both apps.

Please see my follow up post in the IVM forum that provides a lot more detail. This is a temp file that gets created immediately after the first message (i.e. fresh after a restart of the IVM service) is recorded. The temp file QUICKLY grows even though there's no activity going on. If I call the system, it will answer like normal, and record my msg like normal. In the meantime, the file grows until the hard drive is full. It grew to over a gig in a minute. There's no way for me to do anything with the file since ivm.exe has ahold of it. I can't copy, delete, rename, listen to it, etc...it is a VERY serious problem as far as I'm concerned and I've been able to reproduce it on 3 separate computers (Windows 2000 Server, XP Pro, and Windows 2003 Server). I've tested a single line, a hunt group, etc...same result every time.

My post to the IVM forum with full details is here. I would appreciate a prompt reply. If I cannot get this resolved, I will have to request a refund for the CAHTA board.

Thanks ,

Jack

These files are always created and they are stored there if they have no place to go.

Are you both running CAHTA boards and if so what driver are you using?

Synway has had some problems with tone detection with their drivers. They believe to have fixed it with their latest driver, 5.0.3.0.

What versions of our software are you running?

Can rename the files to a .wav file, and will they play audio?