Unable to type in express scribe

Rgerstmar

I just downloaded express scribe and purchased the foot petal. I have been messing around and can get it to work (play) but once the file starts playing I am unable to type!!! It seems to freeze up and just keeps playing. Will not allow me to type in a windows document or the scribe program.

Another question, I have always used external machines for transcribing. With them when you press the foot petal it plays/rewinds/fast forwards. With express scribe does it just start playing and play until you completely stop it?

Sorry to sound so daft but this is my first attempt to use these products.

thank you

rose

• 3 weeks later...
I just downloaded express scribe and purchased the foot petal. I have been messing around and can get it to work (play) but once the file starts playing I am unable to type!!! It seems to freeze up and just keeps playing. Will not allow me to type in a windows document or the scribe program.

Another question, I have always used external machines for transcribing. With them when you press the foot petal it plays/rewinds/fast forwards. With express scribe does it just start playing and play until you completely stop it?

Sorry to sound so daft but this is my first attempt to use these products.

thank you

rose

Vec USB foot pedal works fine for me.

Which one you using?

Aslo tell me do you running other foot-pedal software, eg Pedable or ExpressDictate when you found this problem?