Unable to successfully burn CD or DVD

BrianR

I have two burners, Pioneer DVR-111D IDE and a Pioneer DVR-216 SATA both of which worked fine under Nero 7.

I gave Nero away due to the bloatware however and purchased Express Burn 4.17 + Video. This was not a good move.

I am burning data disks, and using either burner and 3 brands of Disk, TDK 52X CD, Vebatim and LG 16X DVD-R and 16X DVD+R, I get an error message every time. 05 21 02, 51 25 35 and there was one other I didn't record.

I tried using default burning settings with UDF and then slowed burn down to 4X but never completed a single disk without error which made the files unreadable with corrupt directories. I have a bin full of wasted disks.

Do I have to go back to bloated Nero or is there a fix. I have a clean install of Win-XP SP3. Help please!!!!!

:(

• 2 weeks later...

After my original difficulties I have tried everything including re-partitionong the disk and re-installing Win-XP SP3 and all updates.

I sent an email to the help desk and got no reply either.

No use! This software is a piece of junk so I accepted that I needed to suffer bloatware and bought Nero 9 which works just jine on both drives and with the same brand disks as failed with Express Burn 4.17.

Save your money!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
After my original difficulties I have tried everything including re-partitionong the disk and re-installing Win-XP SP3 and all updates.

I sent an email to the help desk and got no reply either.

No use! This software is a piece of junk so I accepted that I needed to suffer bloatware and bought Nero 9 which works just jine on both drives and with the same brand disks as failed with Express Burn 4.17.

Save your money!

Hi Brian,

Could you please send me a PM with your email address and I will personally send you a diagnostic version of express burn to get some trace files off you so we can see exactly whats happening and fix the problems you are experiencing.

Also express burn is up to version 4.2X now so you may want to give that a try and see if you have more luck. as I know the programmers made some changes recently to do with Pioneer drives.

Thankyou

I've had the same problem - will not burn but does create the iso file.

Also, I've had problems with burning any kind of Video Disk.

On one of the forum questions, NCH folks suggested that I use different media (i.e. a different DVD). Well, that did not work either.

The bottom line is Express Burn apparently does not work well when burning Video DVDs. There are some huge problems. (I even got hooked up a new DVD/VCR combo out and it did not make a difference.)

All of the disks failed.

I downloaded Nero Trial and it worked the first time on BOTH a Video CD (played just fine in my newer DVD player); and, a DVD (that played in both DVD players.) Right now there is a special that makes Nero affordable and there is a free piece of software with it.

Some of the NCH programs work OK to well. Express Burn does not!

Hi Brian,

Could you please send me a PM with your email address and I will personally send you a diagnostic version of express burn to get some trace files off you so we can see exactly whats happening and fix the problems you are experiencing.

Also express burn is up to version 4.2X now so you may want to give that a try and see if you have more luck. as I know the programmers made some changes recently to do with Pioneer drives.

Thankyou

Well I forwarded the requested log files and tried v4.2x. It went through the burn process of a data dvd, but it was very slow, then started verification and at about 90% through it crashed my computer and corrupted Outlook.pst which running in the background. It required a power off to regain control of the computer. I later checked the disk I'd burned and it seems OK, then burned a copy with Nero 9 which went flawlessly and ran much faster.

:angry:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
Well I forwarded the requested log files and tried v4.2x. It went through the burn process of a data dvd, but it was very slow, then started verification and at about 90% through it crashed my computer and corrupted Outlook.pst which running in the background. It required a power off to regain control of the computer. I later checked the disk I'd burned and it seems OK, then burned a copy with Nero 9 which went flawlessly and ran much faster.

:angry:

The data verification problem is to do with Pioneer drives. It was fixed a while ago but has managed to re-appear. This problem has been logged and should be fixed in the new release. (I don't know how long until the new release though)

Thankyou