Converting a DVD to mpg

Michael Klar

I'm very interested in buying this program and have taken the time to convert and test a reasonably long video clip (25 minutes) from a DVD to all the formats provided in the free downloaded Prism version.

I am pleased with the ease this program does the conversion from a DVD to the various formats (I tested them all). However, there is one format, mpg, that displays red coloured blanks at a rate of about two per second thoughout the entire mpg formatted video clip exept for the beginning and two of the short clips that were on the DVD. This only occurs when viewed in Adobe Premier CS4 and does not occur when said file format is viewed in a standard viewer, such as Windows video viewer.

Recognizing this may not be an issue of concern to the developers of Prism, it would make a difference in whether I acquire a licensed version of this program.

Hoping to hear from anyone who has experienced this issue or may have a suggestion.

Cheers,

Michael

• 3 weeks later...

You can try to change the compressor for mpg (Encoder options). Try to experiment by setting it to MPEG1/MPEG2 and you can also try different bitrates. I suggest that higher bitrates (around 8000 average) might work.

You can also try the new version of Prism (1.25).

We released it a few days ago. It includes updated compressor. Hopefully this will fix the issue.

I'm very interested in buying this program and have taken the time to convert and test a reasonably long video clip (25 minutes) from a DVD to all the formats provided in the free downloaded Prism version.

I am pleased with the ease this program does the conversion from a DVD to the various formats (I tested them all). However, there is one format, mpg, that displays red coloured blanks at a rate of about two per second thoughout the entire mpg formatted video clip exept for the beginning and two of the short clips that were on the DVD. This only occurs when viewed in Adobe Premier CS4 and does not occur when said file format is viewed in a standard viewer, such as Windows video viewer.

Recognizing this may not be an issue of concern to the developers of Prism, it would make a difference in whether I acquire a licensed version of this program.

Hoping to hear from anyone who has experienced this issue or may have a suggestion.

Cheers,

Michael