wma album & songs info

hpshaiti

When I tried to convert my wav files to wma the megadata seems to be scrambled. In Windows Media Player the album title is the songs title and the songs titles are the album title. The information was correct in the original wav files.

I had planned to purchase Switch but can't use it if it does this.

Guest MichaelJee

Hello,

We have had no other examples of this.

1 – What version are you running

2 – What are the details of the .wav file you are having issues with; can you send me a sample?

3 – Does this occur with other .wav files? There are many included with XP to test on.

Thanks

M

Hello,

We have had no other examples of this.

1 – What version are you running

2 – What are the details of the .wav file you are having issues with; can you send me a sample?

3 – Does this occur with other .wav files? There are many included with XP to test on.

Thanks

M

Version 1.42

.wav file was created by ripping a CD in Windows Media Player 11. How would I send the samples?

It occurs with all .wav files when I try to convert to .wma. WMP shows the album and songs data correctly when the .wav files are imported but reverses the two when I import the .wma files. I was able to get it to set up the same folder structure but evidently WMP uses the metadata and not the folder placement.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I would pick this thread up again and note that I am having the same problem. I just downloaded version 1.50 of Switch because I have tons of .wav files on my external hard drive that I would like to convert to .wma so I can use them with my Zune. I converted a few CDs, but in the .wma versions the tags are reversed. Albums are listed as songs and vice versa. This makes it impossible for me to import them into Zune.

If anyone has any solution for this, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I am going to change the tags manually on thousands of .wma files.

Version 1.42

.wav file was created by ripping a CD in Windows Media Player 11. How would I send the samples?

It occurs with all .wav files when I try to convert to .wma. WMP shows the album and songs data correctly when the .wav files are imported but reverses the two when I import the .wma files. I was able to get it to set up the same folder structure but evidently WMP uses the metadata and not the folder placement.

Trust you have more luck than I have. So far noone has come back with a reply. I too am not going to be able to correct all those wma files manually. If this program won't work correctly on this does anyone have any suggestions about another one that will?

One possibility that I've come across is downloading Windows Media Encoder 9, which will convert files from one format to another. If you download this tool from Microsoft, you can write a batch file that will perform the conversion on all the files in each folder that you specify. It requires that you have some facility at working from the command line. I'm not a programmer or developer so I'm still working on getting it to work the way I want to, but I should be able to figure it out eventually.

Someone on another forum who is trying to do the same thing we are -- convert a bunch of .wav files to .wma format -- mentioned using it successfully.

Here's some info on Windows Media Encoder:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...roEncoding.aspx

CS

Trust you have more luck than I have. So far noone has come back with a reply. I too am not going to be able to correct all those wma files manually. If this program won't work correctly on this does anyone have any suggestions about another one that will?

Guest MichaelJee

Hi hpshaiti,

Sincere apologies for delay, I’m not sure how I missed your original reply (don’t be afraid to PM me in the future)

Iv set myself a task to test what you are guys are seeing, tomorrow morning. Will let you know the results, and when it could be fixed.

Again sorry for delay.

Cheers

M

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

I am still testing in the lab, it will take a little longer for hardened results.

First off though, you must keep in mind that .wav files DON’T contain tag information natively (you can use 3rd party tools that do add it) The information you can see from within WMP11 is from an internal DB it builds.

Test this by moving a .wav ripped with WMP11 to another machine. Check the “content” details from within WMP11, and you’ll notice it lacks all the information that was present, when the file was loaded into the library of the original machine.

Alas, I have been able to replicate acoustic567’s exact issue, so would like to think it will be solved soon.

Thanks for your assistance and patience guys.

Cheers

M

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

I’ve finished testing and this is definitely a bug. I’ve added it to the bug tracking system.

If you find the wait for a new release unacceptable, please do PM me.

Thanks again guys, for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers

M

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I’ve finished testing and this is definitely a bug. I’ve added it to the bug tracking system.

If you find the wait for a new release unacceptable, please do PM me.

Thanks again guys, for bringing this to our attention.

Cheers

M

Just finished downloading Switch 2.01 posted to the NCH site 2/27/09. Tried it again to change files from .wav to .wma. Still the same result. The song info and the album info are switched so that Windows Media imports them into its library as 12 different albums instead of 12 songs on one album.

Was the bug supposed to be fixed in that version? If so it doesn't look like they got it right.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

I have personally had a meeting with the developers regarding the issue and had its priority raised.

Thank you for your patience

Cheers

M

• 1 month later...
Guest nchaj

Hi hpshaiti

thanks for chasing this up, MichaelJee left us a few weeks ago for greener pastures.

This bug has been fixed in the version being worked on, when its released I will post in the Switch forum. PM me of you have problems upgrading.

• 4 months later...