Free Version of WavePad

NeilC

I have been using wavepad for a while without a problem (free version).

Recently, however, I updated my computer and reinstalled the free version (not the master version).

After 15 days I get the message up telling me to register, if I click cancel it just closes wavepad down.

I have followed all the instructions on the forum (making sure I download the basic version and not the Master version), but it always expires after 2 weeks.

Is WavePad no longer free. If this is the case, I wish they would be honest and say so, so I can look elsewhere.

Thanks

Neil

Neil,

I would suggest asking for help and then inferring we are being “dishonest” in the one post, might not be the best way to go about things.

The free version could have been found by clicking on Site Map at the top of the main homepage.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe

Cheers

M

Please don't get me wrong,

I don't want to accuse anybody of being dishonest!!!

I know it is a cheek using your software for free, but I only use it 2 or 3 times a year, and if I used it more I would register and buy immediately.

I have downloaded the version from the link below, and it still asks me to register after 2 weeks (I didn't have this problem on my old computer).

I will try again.

I am truly sorry if I caused any offense, this was not the object of the post. It was just a question of where do I get the free version from. I always recommend your software to everyone I know, and as I said, if I was a regular user, I would buy straight away, but my wife is pretty tight on the purse strings..................

Sorry

Neil

Guest MichaelJee

Hello Neil,

No stress at all :P

If you install from the link above, you’ll notice it isn’t the same “your time has run out, WP is closing” message as before, but a “paid features will be stripped, would you like to upgrade” if you click no, you are left with the free version.

The free version lacks FFT, batch file conversion and automatic features, like pop click removal amongst others.

Hope this helps

M

hi michaeljee, i am new here and just recently started using the free version of wavepad. i have found some similar issues with the fading, but after uninstalling and reinstalling the program, the fade issues seem to have cleared up. (probably due to installing v4.02)

but, one issue remains...the cross fade feature does not seem to work. i haven't seen many cross fade problems on this forum. when i try to cross fade, neither the fade-in nor fade-out sections actually fade. the levels change a bit, but definitely not a cross fade.

any help or comments would be appreciated!

-dave

Guest MichaelJee

Hello Dave,

Spent 20m using the function just then, and it seems to work fine. For me to replicate and understand what you are experiencing you are going to have to explain in much detail the process you are taking to see the effect. Remember please be detailed.

You could even use some short sample audio, then save the results and send me the source and output.

• 3 weeks later...
Neil,

I would suggest asking for help and then inferring we are being “dishonest” in the one post, might not be the best way to go about things.

The free version could have been found by clicking on Site Map at the top of the main homepage.

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe

Cheers

M

Hi Michael -

I swear that I made double sure to download the free version - I am fairly certain I did so from the link in the FAQ that says "click here for free version", yet today when I tried to open WP for the first time in a few weeks, I am told "The trial version has expired. You must purchase to continue to use it. Purchasing is easy and can be done immediately online".

I went back to the FAQ to verify the name of the downloaded .exe (I still have the one I originally downloaded) and they are both the same name - wpsetup.exe.

Should I uninstall what I have now and reinstall a newly re-downloaded wpsetup.exe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Meotch

Guest MichaelJee

Hello Meotch,

Just then, I have uninstall my version of WP, installed from the link I quoted above (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe)

I moved my clock forward a month, and it said..

You have used WavePad Sound Editor for a long time now. It is about time you should upgrade to the Master’s Edition version.

Do you want to loo at the current special offers for upgrading online now?

Clicking "No" will still allow you to use the application.

Can you please explain the delta you are seeing against the above.

Cheers

M

Hello Meotch,

Just then, I have uninstall my version of WP, installed from the link I quoted above (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/wpsetup.exe)

I moved my clock forward a month, and it said..

Clicking "No" will still allow you to use the application.

Can you please explain the delta you are seeing against the above.

Cheers

M

M,

that is NOT what is happening...

when you click on "NO" the program EXITS.

I got around this by doing the following.

Go to control panel > add/remove programs > uninstall wavepad.

When you uninstall it, the program will ask you if you want to UNINSTALL, or just STRIP the program of the NON-free features.

Click on this, and it will reduce Wavepad to the free version

• 2 weeks later...
Hey CJM,

Thanks for the tip. Are you getting the same exact message as I do at least?

cheers

M

--------------------

Hopefully, Michael, you will eventually get this obsteperous "CJM" straightened out :-)

Incidentally, I wonder what the initials CJM stand for, as I note the interesting similarity to the intials "MJ".

Pure coincidence? Just wondering......

gooroo

Guest MichaelJee

Hi,

I would assume coincidence, with no more marked similarity then say the results from Googleing the GRO from "gooroo" and having a picture of a Llama as result #3.

What do you think :P

M

M,

that is NOT what is happening...

when you click on "NO" the program EXITS.

I got around this by doing the following.

Go to control panel > add/remove programs > uninstall wavepad.

When you uninstall it, the program will ask you if you want to UNINSTALL, or just STRIP the program of the NON-free features.

Click on this, and it will reduce Wavepad to the free version

I had to do the same thing, for the same reason. Using version 4.03.