VoIP Vs. hardware ?????

Guest Dorian

Guest Dorian

:unsure: I have installed IVM v3.01 on Windows XP. I have VoIP service through Vonage using the Linksys RT31P2 broadband router with a Linksys cable modem. My Vonage phone line works perfectly, and the IVM test call simulator works with my OGM. But IVM has no response AT ALL to an incoming call.

Also, I have installed Express Talk v1.00. When I dial a number, it gives the message,

"14:00:55 Initiated sip call to: ###-####

14:01:12 Error call attempt timed-out.

14:01:12 The server is not replying.

14:01:13 Call has disconnected"

Both ET and IVM show "Unable to use uPNP for NAT routing (uPNP failed)".

Q: I'm not sure what to put in "server [proxy and domain]" under Settings. Could someone help me out with that one - I don't quite understand what that is.

Q: Do I need a voice modem even though I have VoIP?

Q: Is SIP number (in Settings) my VoIP phone number?

:unsure: I have installed IVM v3.01 on Windows XP. I have VoIP service through Vonage using the Linksys RT31P2 broadband router with a Linksys cable modem.

wrong wrong wrong :D

you need to buy additional softphone line in order for IVM to work with Vonage directly.

Guest Dorian
wrong wrong wrong  :D

you need to buy additional softphone line in order for IVM to work with Vonage directly.

Thanks for the info. I've got the Softphone service now through Vonage and another phone number. But I'm still getting the same error messages. Where do I go from here?

- Dorian

• 7 months later...

hi,

I realize that I cant set up the same SIP account on two devices, softphones, ivm.. whatever at one time, but...

i`m looking for softphone with answering machine? (express talk + ivm is not the solution b/c they wont work simultanously on one account).

Do you know any kind of software that support this feature?

I`m really suprised that I cant find any softphone with such popular feature.

Do you know any?

Paweł Nawrocki

hi,

I realize that I cant set up the same SIP account on two devices, softphones, ivm.. whatever at one time, but...

i`m looking for softphone with answering machine? (express talk + ivm is not the solution b/c they wont work simultanously on one account).

Install Axon PBX, configure it to operate with Vonage, configure Linksys to login at Axon's internal number, configure softphone same way as linksys to second internal number.

In this case you will be able to make and receive calls with linksys and with softphone. Also will have possibility transfer call to IVM if linksys or softphone do not answer.