Not Playing in DVD Player

lsimms

Hello

I am new to this too. I was recommended Express Burn from a friend specifically to burn authored DVD's. The software is telling me I am successful however when trying to load it on to two different makes of DVD player it is not working.

I am using Sony DVD+R 16x compatible discs so not the cheapest on the market!

Any help going, please

Hello

I am new to this too. I was recommended Express Burn from a friend specifically to burn authored DVD's. The software is telling me I am successful however when trying to load it on to two different makes of DVD player it is not working.

I am using Sony DVD+R 16x compatible discs so not the cheapest on the market!

Any help going, please

hi i am new to this too mine will play on cheap player but not samsung will you try a lower speed not sure if this will work for you also alter to pal.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest MichaelJee

Hello Ssotero,

There are a vast number of possible media / burner / set top player combinations. Searching the WWW would have shown you this.

1 – Try a better quality brand of media

2 – Try a brand known to work with your burner

3 – Burn slower

4 – Place DVD back into the drive it came and use a software DVD player to see if you can read it

5 – Try another set top player, there are many cheap ones out there

Hope this helps

M

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Ssotero,

There are a vast number of possible media / burner / set top player combinations. Searching the WWW would have shown you this.

1 – Try a better quality brand of media

2 – Try a brand known to work with your burner

3 – Burn slower

4 – Place DVD back into the drive it came and use a software DVD player to see if you can read it

5 – Try another set top player, there are many cheap ones out there

Hope this helps

M

I looked around and tried a number of the available DVD burners and liked yours the best. It burns great and makes a beautiful quality playback with WMP but it WILL NOT PLAY ON THE DVD PLAYER. I would not hesitate to buy it if it would play on my Magnovox dual DVD/VCR player.

It requires DVD-R dvd's and the MPEG2 format.

Should I choose medium quality rather than the best quality burn to get it to play? The DVD-R disks are 16x but should play on down to 1x. Its logo matches the compatible list for the player.

Any help would be appreciated. I would buy Express Burn Plus Video if I thought it would play with the registered version. It sure beats the heck out of 382 MEG Nero 9 at $79.

Fred Johnson

• 2 weeks later...

After what appeared a successful burn (by a LaCie burner)of an .avi file on to a video-DVD (via an .iso-file I had no way of avoiding since it was my only given option, which I find very strange since that option shouldn't be in my version if I understand things correctly) the DVD will not play in either of my two DVD-players, nor by any player on the computer (VLC, WMV PowerDVD, Roxio)

The closest I got was on the Technica that said "Play" and just as the clock started, went to "Stop".

I can't get a menu or title. No player seems to recognize the DVD.

MichaelJee's reply is not answering this by a long shot.

• 1 month later...
After what appeared a successful burn (by a LaCie burner)of an .avi file on to a video-DVD (via an .iso-file I had no way of avoiding since it was my only given option, which I find very strange since that option shouldn't be in my version if I understand things correctly) the DVD will not play in either of my two DVD-players, nor by any player on the computer (VLC, WMV PowerDVD, Roxio)

The closest I got was on the Technica that said "Play" and just as the clock started, went to "Stop".

I can't get a menu or title. No player seems to recognize the DVD.

MichaelJee's reply is not answering this by a long shot.

Having Same Problem - An Solutions?

Clifton

Having Same Problem - An Solutions?

Clifton

Hi Guys,

Please try the latest version from the website. it has some fixes in it and is version 4.2.

4.21 should also be release really soon.

If you still have trouble with the new version, please click on my name and send me a message.

I will get a diagnostic version off the programmers for you so we can find out where the program is running into problems and get this all sorted and fixed up for yas. :)

Thankyou

HI AN,

As I mentioned on two other threads, thanks for the good attitude.

FYI - I'm using version 4.21 and am having the same problems. <_<

So, for me, if switching DVD brands does not work (and, despite what Michael Jee said, the DVD branks I've been using does work with my burner). And, I've tried both of my tabletop (hooked to TV) DVD players on all three of the disks that failed.

So, be getting that diagnostic version ready because we may need it.

I do have one question - how do you slow the burn speed? I looked and what I saw was grayed out. (By the way, my registered of Express Burn Plus, seemed to be burning at 1 to 1 -taking about to burn the disk as it would to play it).

Thanks

Clifton

Guest MichaelJee

Hi Clifton,

Sorry for late reply. If your keen, we can collate some information from your machine with a debug. You would be better off opening a ticket. Managing debug traces through the forum would be tricky.

Thanks

M

Guest N.C.H a.n
HI AN,

As I mentioned on two other threads, thanks for the good attitude.

FYI - I'm using version 4.21 and am having the same problems. <_<

So, for me, if switching DVD brands does not work (and, despite what Michael Jee said, the DVD branks I've been using does work with my burner). And, I've tried both of my tabletop (hooked to TV) DVD players on all three of the disks that failed.

So, be getting that diagnostic version ready because we may need it.

I do have one question - how do you slow the burn speed? I looked and what I saw was grayed out. (By the way, my registered of Express Burn Plus, seemed to be burning at 1 to 1 -taking about to burn the disk as it would to play it).

Thanks

Clifton

Send me a PM with your email and I'll get a diagnostic version to you with instructions on how to get the trace files so we can see whats happening.

I've asked the programmers about the burn speed for you. when I get a reply I'll post it for you :)

Thankyou

I've had the same problem - will not burn but does create the iso file.

Also, I've had problems with burning any kind of Video Disk.

On one of the forum questions, NCH folks suggested that I use different media (i.e. a different DVD). Well, that did not work either.

The bottom line is Express Burn apparently does not work well when burning Video DVDs. There are some huge problems. (I even got hooked up a new DVD/VCR combo out and it did not make a difference.)

All of the disks failed.

I downloaded Nero Trial and it worked the first time on BOTH a Video CD (played just fine in my newer DVD player); and, a DVD (that played in both DVD players.) Right now there is a special that makes Nero affordable and there is a free piece of software with it.

Some of the NCH programs work OK to well. Express Burn does not!

Clifton

PS - Preparing to try AN's diagnostic program later on; but, am disappointed in Express Burn thus far.