Express Rip renaming issue

Guest aurquhart@apmmusic.com

Guest aurquhart@apmmusic.com

I am trying the Express Rip Plus DEMO and have some problems which is keeping me from purchasing the real program.

The program cannot access freedb. It keeps trying to access it as freedb.freedb.org

I know the cd's I'm trying to import are supported by freedb. They are found using both iTunes and Windows Media Player.

Another problem, I cannot change the filenames while importing. I went to the Settings and try to input the codes you have under custom file names, and it only calls the track "track 1" or "track 2", etc.

I need a program where I can set my own filenames and have the tracks be numbered sequentially. If I input the code {Title_01_%n%t} shouldn't that give me a title of each track being "Title_01_1" the next being "Title_01_2", and so on? If the program will work like I have explained, I am interested in purchasing it. Can you help?

I can be reached at aurquhart@apmmusic.com

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

iTunes and Media Player don't use freedb, they use the commercial GraceNote CDDB, which in some cases is more comprehensive, but costs a lot in licensing fees.

Regarding your other question, you cannot use custom naming in the code, you can only use the %n %t and the other % flags that are written in the help notes. I will see if your suggestion can be implemented though.