Trigger an outbound autodial

Andain

Hi!

Is there a way to trigger an outbound autodial from a website or maybe a database?

What I am looking for to do is to make the software call me as soon as someone is placing an order on my website.

Would this be possible?

Thanks!

Andreas

Yeah there is actually. IVM lets you control the software functions using the command line. You can read about the full SDK here, but the basic idea is:

executing ivm.exe -outbound 5551234 will make IVM dial out to 5551234 and play a pre-defined message (that could even contain variables like the person's name/num etc).

If you're using PHP for your website's code, it has a function to execute external programs with parameters (assuming your webserver and IVM are on the same PC) and you can use that to control IVM. If both are not on the same pc, you can install PHP on your IVM computer and then have your website send a request for a php page on the IVM PC which is programmed to execute IVM and call you.

Not sure if you understood all that, I don't really know what your level of programming knowledge/experience is, so let me know if you don't understand.

Thank you! Acctually I am using PHP and MySQL for the website and I know a bit a but PHP, HTML and JavaScript. I am not familiar with the function that executes external programs, do you happen to know the name of that function?

Would it be possible to make IVM read out a whole sentence read from the database? If yes, what parameter would i use when executing?

Thanks again!

Andreas

What you can do is set variables in IVM and have IVM read out those variables when it calls you.

To set a variable, execute with the parameters

-set "myvar=haha"

As for the PHP function, I think it is exec(). You may need to modify your PHP settings/permissions though to allow it, I'm not sure.

I have been playing around with exec() and shell_exec() and finaly got it to launch ivm.exe through cmd. The problem is that it is started from another user so I can't see the application window (meaning that I can not see what the program is doing).

The thing is that it is not making the call, even though it makes the call when I am executing it manualy from CMD with the same parameters. Do you have any idea how I can solve this?

I have granted all users permision to ivm.exe and cmd.exe. Is there more files that i need to give the user (IWAM_ANDREAS) permision to use in order for IVM to function?

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
Yeah there is actually. IVM lets you control the software functions using the command line. You can read about the full SDK here, but the basic idea is:

executing ivm.exe -outbound 5551234 will make IVM dial out to 5551234 and play a pre-defined message (that could even contain variables like the person's name/num etc).

If you're using PHP for your website's code, it has a function to execute external programs with parameters (assuming your webserver and IVM are on the same PC) and you can use that to control IVM. If both are not on the same pc, you can install PHP on your IVM computer and then have your website send a request for a php page on the IVM PC which is programmed to execute IVM and call you.

Not sure if you understood all that, I don't really know what your level of programming knowledge/experience is, so let me know if you don't understand.

Hey pythonpoole,

I have just purchased IVM & Axon and have just briefed my developers to start work with the API. What we want to do is automatically send numbers captured on a web site to IVM and set up a pre-recorded call at a time and date requested by the web user.

I have two questions re this:

1. Can we not only instruct IVM to call a specific number but to also instruct it to call at a future date and time?

2. If i have multiple channels available through my VoIP SIP provider and I receive more call requests for a specific date and time than I have channels, what will the software do in this instance? Will the calls back up to be delivered as soon as there is a free channel?

Please advise ASAP.

Thanks in advance,

Justin

• 2 weeks later...

1. No, I can't think of a way to do that with IVM. Your program would have to manage the times and send the call to IVM when ready. IVM has some basic control however, for example you can say only make calls between 10 am and 6 pm and it will only put through calls in that time-block but no specific date/times can be selected and certainly not for individual calls.

2. IVM will keep a queue going of all the calls that need to be processed, and as a line becomes free the next number in line will get called.

• 4 months later...
What you can do is set variables in IVM and have IVM read out those variables when it calls you.

To set a variable, execute with the parameters

-set "myvar=haha"

As for the PHP function, I think it is exec(). You may need to modify your PHP settings/permissions though to allow it, I'm not sure.

TO ALL!!! VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW, MIGHT BE AN SECURITY ISSUE DEPENDING OF APPLICATION:

We just have experienced some problems with IVM, we thought it was an threading problem. Conclusion: when using command lines with -set be aware that all the vars that are set by "-SET" are GLOBAL, NOT LOCAL!!! And they are set immediatly! When running on multiple line with concurrent connections, it will use the last vars that have been set. Example.: calling ivm.exe per command line D:\Prog\ivm\ivm.exe -outbound 12345 -set id=102

using the SQLplugin for an "select * from table where id=%id%" YOU MUST BE AWARE THAT VAR ID=102 WILL BE OVERWRITTEN, as soon as another command line instance is being created during the first call!!! For example with an "D:\Prog\ivm\ivm.exe -outbound 12345 -set id=110" just some seconds later. If the Plugin of the 1st call hadn't started, the id will be overwritten (THE VARS ARE GLOBAL and are valid for ALL CALLS). If the IVM-Call is going to give data back to the caller, the first caller might hear information destined to the second caller!!!!!!