Calls drop when the other side is silent

stillife

Hi all,

I've been having a lot of difficulty with my setup of SPA3102 + Axon 2.0 + VRS 5.11. My calls are dropped very suddenly when I am in the middle of a conversation or leaving a message. I think I have narrowed down the problem to this: when I am talking to someone and they are not saying anything for an extended period (about 30 seconds) or when I am leaving a voicemail message for someone, the call is disconnected. Axon does not return any errors and just says that the call was disconnected. I have checked the forum for similar issues and I haven't been able to find anything that solved my problem. I have tried using the "Disable call activity polling" option, but that hasn't solved the problem. I'm not sure what I need to do and which component of the system is causing this issue. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

Have you timed it to see if it happens at the same point each time?

I know i had to set my IVM under the sound settings and recording to a -30Db and then it stopped.

if it does it when recording what to you have the recording time set for?

Hi Dan,

Well I get cut off when the other side is silent for more than 15-30 seconds (it is really hard to time it exactly). I looked in VRS's settings and there was nothing about threshold or anything like that. axon doesn't seem to have any settings for this as well. I'm thinking it might be related to SPA-3102 and line settings. I was hoping someone had experienced this before and could tell me what things I could try.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be thankful.

Alex

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Dan,

Well I get cut off when the other side is silent for more than 15-30 seconds (it is really hard to time it exactly). I looked in VRS's settings and there was nothing about threshold or anything like that. axon doesn't seem to have any settings for this as well. I'm thinking it might be related to SPA-3102 and line settings. I was hoping someone had experienced this before and could tell me what things I could try.

If anyone has any suggestions I would be thankful.

Alex

Hello,

In the SPA-3102 Configuration page, using the admin login and advanced, under voice->PSTN line tab you have a PSTN Disconnect Detection section. On that you have two options (Detect PSTN Long Silence: and Detect VoIP Long Silence:), you can put both to no or you can set a bigger PSTN Long Silence Duration time and VoIP Long Silence Duration time in seconds.

I Hope it helps.

Regards.

Bruno Abreu

• 1 month later...
Hello,

In the SPA-3102 Configuration page, using the admin login and advanced, under voice->PSTN line tab you have a PSTN Disconnect Detection section. On that you have two options (Detect PSTN Long Silence: and Detect VoIP Long Silence:), you can put both to no or you can set a bigger PSTN Long Silence Duration time and VoIP Long Silence Duration time in seconds.

I Hope it helps.

Regards.

Bruno Abreu

This is what I was looking for. It fixed the problem thank you.

Alex

Hi all,

I've been having a lot of difficulty with my setup of SPA3102 + Axon 2.0 + VRS 5.11. My calls are dropped very suddenly when I am in the middle of a conversation or leaving a message. I think I have narrowed down the problem to this: when I am talking to someone and they are not saying anything for an extended period (about 30 seconds) or when I am leaving a voicemail message for someone, the call is disconnected. Axon does not return any errors and just says that the call was disconnected. I have checked the forum for similar issues and I haven't been able to find anything that solved my problem. I have tried using the "Disable call activity polling" option, but that hasn't solved the problem. I'm not sure what I need to do and which component of the system is causing this issue. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Alex

I had the same problem. Axon would drop the call a 4:10 seconds every time. I stopped using it because they said it was the provider but it does not happen with any other system I use.

Don Fritz

• 1 month later...
Hello,

I Hope it helps.

Regards.

Bruno Abreu

Thanks Bruno, you fixed my problem also.

Cheers