Modems that work

Guest Natalie Jones

Guest Natalie Jones
:blink: I am in the US. I am having difficulty finding a modem that works with IVM answering attendant used for a Real Estate Anouncement System. It seems I have to trade off either DTMF tone recognition or Caller ID. Does anyone have a suggestion for a modem that has both and is reasonably inexpensive. I am unwilling to invest alot after going thru 2 modems already. :blink: Please Help!

• 2 weeks later...
:blink: I am in the US. I am having difficulty finding a modem that works with IVM answering attendant used for a Real Estate Anouncement System.  It seems I have to trade off either DTMF tone recognition or Caller ID.  Does anyone have a suggestion for a modem that has both and is reasonably inexpensive.  I am unwilling to invest alot after going thru 2 modems already.  :blink:  Please Help!

I'm not in the USA, but I before I purchased a CallURL telephony board, I used a D-Link fax/data/voice modem DFM-565E. This modem connected with the serial port. There are other models which use USB. I don't know if D-Link is available in the US, but it works fine and is cheap. But not as good as the CallURL board I have now: reacts slower on key-presses; lower sound quality; didn't detect end-of-call tone on the phone line here, but if you're looking for a simple, cheap modem, it's OK. Further, see NCH's website for other modems.

Regards,

Martijn