Thanks a lot, EIB, for your answer! 😄
Isn't there something easier though ? I was something like :
- Manually : find an indicator of what average dB the song is, then use amplify accordingly to adjust it to your preferred level and to all your other songs. But what indicator can I use in the current soft if any ? Then I guess amplify would be a maths operation (increase by 30% = put amplify on 130% is this right ?)
- Automatically : find a setting that would let you specify which level of average dB you want all your songs to be (then of course each song may go higher or lower than this average on occasions but the general level is on par with other songs). If so, isn't there such setting anywhere (I have no technical knowledge of the words used in the soft, they are like Chinese to me so difficult to guess) ?
* For example in Edit>Clean up hovering it shows "volume adjustment" but then I don't see what it is or does
* In Levels>Amplify there is "presets" and option to "save preset", but then I don't see how to use this in my goal ?
* Hovering Levels>Normalize says to prevent highs to go higher than specified (and inside, options on peak, peak loudness, average loudness ; then save preset may save it for future files ?), but then I don't see how to use this in my goal ?
* Hovering Levels>Compress says to set an output according to the input volume, again inside with levels to define and then to save as preset
* Levels>Autogain says similar to compress, but without options inside, and I still don't know if related to my goal or how to use it ?
Levels>Equalizer seems something else, related to parts of a song, not all songs as I would like
Would any of this let me do what I would love ? 😍
Btw those questions make me wonder how DJ deal with sound level in clubs ? Do they manually adjust each song they play to the targeted volume, or does their mixing machine do it for them, or have they parameted all their songs like i would like beforehand ?
So many questions😇😅
Thanks a lot again🥰