Help ... -problems with final outcome! (DVD)

julia33

Hi,

Althought the preview of my slideshow show everything fine -once I save the slideshow as a dvd & then play it ..it has the following problems:

1. DVD -does not have all the photos ...seems to get stuck on some & miss others... at various times through the dvd

2. Not all the effects show on the dvd... ie spinning, rotating slides occasionally

I have resaved & cleared cache & saved it 3x to diff dvds -the same problems!!

Anyone -have ideas on how to help this problem???

Tried contacting support but got bounced back -their disk is too full...

I really want to figure out how to save properly so the slideshow preview is what is on the final product on the dvd!

thanks!

Hi,

Althought the preview of my slideshow show everything fine -once I save the slideshow as a dvd & then play it ..it has the following problems:

1. DVD -does not have all the photos ...seems to get stuck on some & miss others... at various times through the dvd

2. Not all the effects show on the dvd... ie spinning, rotating slides occasionally

I have resaved & cleared cache & saved it 3x to diff dvds -the same problems!!

Anyone -have ideas on how to help this problem???

Tried contacting support but got bounced back -their disk is too full...

I really want to figure out how to save properly so the slideshow preview is what is on the final product on the dvd!

thanks!

I'm having the exact same problem, but it doesn't look like enough people read this forum to be able to help. I reported the bug to NCH, but I'm not expecting help any time soon.

I'm going to try saving the slideshow as an avi first and if it plays right as an avi I'll try burning it using another program.

I'll let you know how I go.

Nope, didn't work, but it did change which pictures that it got stuck on, so it must be a software problem, and not a picture problem...

I don't know what else to try, and I was making this slide show specifically for tomorrow, so I feel like I've wasted a hell of a lot of time on it...

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, didn't work, but it did change which pictures that it got stuck on, so it must be a software problem, and not a picture problem...

I don't know what else to try, and I was making this slide show specifically for tomorrow, so I feel like I've wasted a hell of a lot of time on it...

I've tried several times to save to *.avi and now *.mp4 and it freezes at the same spot. I had to leave it on Preview mode for my son's Bar Mitzvah and, while it played fine, it meant that I had to bring and set up my laptop, rather than just bringing a disc or thumbnail drive, giving me one more thing to worry about.

I don't know if this will truly fix your problem, but I'd suggest you try and replace the image it gets stuck on with a new one, make sure its the same dimensions as your other images. I not encountered this issue to date, and not certain that its the software. I have noticed that MP4's arent the best. I am making it a .mov format and it works great. Good Luck! :)

• 4 months later...

Hello. I have the same problem. I have reported the following to NCH in a 'bug report':

1) Create a slideshow with over 900 photos and compile to an ISO or DVD.

2)'Make DVD Movie' -

Burner: Image File (or my DVD drive)

Video Format: PAL

Video Aspect Ration: Normal

'Save Slideshow'

3) The process seems to work perfectly, but when played back, the ISO (or DVD) 'sticks' on a seemingly random image, skips a few, then resumes.

The image that 'sticks' changes arbitrarily every time the slideshow is built. I have tried this around 10 times so far and wasted many hours.

I am not using any fancy effects, just a common transition and an added music soundtrack.

This problem is mentioned by another user in your Forum:

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=15617

I am very disappointed and am very close to asking for a refund.

Thank-you.

• 6 months later...

I am having the same difficulties as Julia33 and others have stated in this blog. I've downloaded the codec update mentioned in the FAQ and attempted to save again to DVD but it just hangs up on a photo even earlier in the slideshow now. Again, the slide show will "stall" on a particular picture, skip many photos, then resume randomly. The music track is unaffected and plays normally. I've used both DVD-R and DVD+R disks and NTSC format. The slideshow is approximately 14 minutes long with a combination of photos, videos, and music but contains a minimum of transitions or zooms (i.e., simple) I have also saved to both mp4 and avi formats with different problems like severe image quality degradation on select photos, stalls, and skips. Please let me know if anyone has a solution to writing a DVD with this program. I've got 20+ parents waiting on the slideshow!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same difficulties as Julia33 and others have stated in this blog. I've downloaded the codec update mentioned in the FAQ and attempted to save again to DVD but it just hangs up on a photo even earlier in the slideshow now. Again, the slide show will "stall" on a particular picture, skip many photos, then resume randomly. The music track is unaffected and plays normally. I've used both DVD-R and DVD+R disks and NTSC format. The slideshow is approximately 14 minutes long with a combination of photos, videos, and music but contains a minimum of transitions or zooms (i.e., simple) I have also saved to both mp4 and avi formats with different problems like severe image quality degradation on select photos, stalls, and skips. Please let me know if anyone has a solution to writing a DVD with this program. I've got 20+ parents waiting on the slideshow!

I too am having the same difficulties. My preview is great, but I cannot successfully burn a DVD without stalls, skips or the error message, "photostage slideshow has crashed due to abnormal exceptions." I am using the full/purchased version of the software. I have spent weeks creating and finetuning this slideshow only to now not be able to get it into people's hands. Please, can anyone offer support for this. I'm so disappointed and frustrated.

• 7 months later...

It is distressing to see so many people stuck on getting their hard-made slideshow/movies onto dvd. the problem has persisted since Julia33 posted in June 2011! Add my name to the list. I have been able to get to DVD by converting my movie to .dv format, taking it to my Mac and using the iDVD program on my Mac. perhaps that will help some of you.

• 2 months later...

Well, they still haven't fixed it. I spent over 10 hours putting together a slideshow for my mom's memorial service. Amazingly the first dvd burned ok. The last 12 have not! Keeps freezing on one photo and skipping others, showing text but not the photo, or a big black box over the photo. I downloaded the newer version 2.17 which is just a free trial version but now it just consistently freezes on the same photo and skips 2 more. Save it to dvd or to computer and it does the same thing. Making the slide show was easy but I'm ready to give this cruddy software an F. If I can't share it, its worthless!!!!! After more than 10 hours on such a personal topic, I'm more than upset!

• 1 month later...

I too purchased this software and have the same issue. Can't believe CNET gave it a good rating -- I am going to bail and get another software. Anyone else do the same and have good suggestions? I am at 30 hours wasted.

• 6 months later...
Guest N C H_TM

Hi apollo41570, these forums are primarily user helping user and are not checked regularly by NCH staff (including developers and the support team). Occasionally, a staff member who knows the answer may respond, but the forums should not be considered as a method for contacting support. If you need product support for PhotoStage, please contact our support team at http://www.nch.com.au/support/supportcontact.html?software=PhotoStage and they will help you.

• 2 weeks later...

I to have spent many hours trying to get the software to work and am incredibly frustrated. I spent a month in Uganda as a pilgrimage to my Grandfather who died recently and wanted to have the slide show ready for my mother to see at Christmas. I have had varied problems - so much so the slide show had to be re-done on a new computer and still does not work properly when downloaded, Blank Slides, Title Slides and music all work but no photos. I have spent weeks doing this and was so excited when I finished but now am extremely frustrated as running out of time. If there are any solutions please let me know - I have contacted Tech Support on numerous occassions but the time it takes for them to get back to me is to slow and the solutions just don't work, a waste of my time and money and if I treated my customers like this I would be out of business

• 3 months later...

Hello to All,

I am also having the same issues as all of you. I just purchased the pro version, while not an expert, I have made many dvd slide shows with older computers. Upgrade computers to all run 64bit software so I tried this new software. Easy to use, but problems when you make the disk, pictures hang audio plays on drops pictures or just freezes. Sad. I will try tech support, then get back to tyhis forum.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I am investigating this issue. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to duplicate it myself. Everything works fine on my computer and DVD player. I would appreciate any users that will share the following information with me when they have problems with the DVD output. I generally use .mp3 for audio and haven't had any problems there either, so please share specifics with me of what you encounter for audio errors as well. I am using the current version v3.38.

If you are willing to help, please share the following information with me:

Platform – Windows/Mac -

Operating System –

DVD Burning Drive -

DVD manufacturer, type, speed (for example, I used a Memorex DVD+RW 4X 4.7GB 120min) -

Output File type -

NTSC or PAL -

DVD Player -

TV –

DVD Region Code –

Any information on image file formats, audio file formats, video file formats that you are having issues with are useful as well.

Thank you for your help!