CD-ROM not recognised by rip

Guest Peter Levesley

Guest Peter Levesley

Error message when loading rip program. Advised consulting support because 2 CD-ROMs are installed and working using WinXP Home

Guest Peter Levesley
Error message when loading rip program. Advised consulting support because 2 CD-ROMs are installed and working using WinXP Home

I visited the Adaptec site and checked my ASPI layer (which can cause trouble I'm told). It is in perfect working order as it must be because Real player can rip the files easily. so what's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

XP doesn't come with ASPI as standard, it comes with SPTI which it uses by default. Express Rip will always use SPTI over ASPI if the former is detected on your system. If you like, contact me at tj[at]nch.com.au to request an ASPI version of Rip.

FYI: SPTI works perfectly fine, only a small minority of customers report problems with it, and we found from experience this is due to problems with either the CD-ROM drivers or the CD-ROM hardware. Customers have, for example, reported Rip doesn't work on their computer, only to buy new hardware and have it work fine on the new hardware (I'm not saying you buy new hardware, just giving an example).

• 1 month later...
Guest Jolly Nanda

Hi..I am having the same problem when using Express Rip..it does not recogonize any of my CD-Rom/DVD Drive..I am using a Compaq notebook Pentium 4..with XP Pro as my operating system...the second problem I was having is that when ever I try to download the Switch program..it just hangs up and never comeout of downloading..I have to re-boot my system to clear it..

thanks for ur help...Jolly

e-mail address jpnanda@yahoo.com

anyone experiencing problems with Express Rip not recognising their CD-ROM drive please send me an email at tj[at]nch.com.au and I will arrange to give you an unreleased version of Express Rip for you to try out.

In your email, please tell me if you would like the Express Rip free version or the Express Rip Plus commercial version.

Hi ..pl send me the Express Rip free version

thanks Jolly

Hi..I am having the same problem when using Express Rip..it does not recogonize any of my CD-Rom/DVD Drive..I am using a Compaq notebook Pentium 4..with XP Pro as my operating system...the second problem I was having is that when ever I try to download the Switch program..it just hangs up and never comeout of downloading..I have to re-boot my system to clear it..

thanks for ur help...Jolly

e-mail address jpnanda@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Maverick

I am having the same problem as the others on Win-XP (home) with Express Rip not recognizing the CD-ROM drive. I have just emailed you as noted, TJ. THANK YOU for providing help to those of us having this problem.

Maverick

maverick:

your email address <Maverick49@gmail.com> is bouncing - I think gmail doesn't allow attachments of a certain type, either that or it does not allow attachments at all. Please give me another email address to try.

well dang!! never had that happen with GMail before, so hopefully you are correct about file extensions. PLEASE try broncom at sc.rr.com. THANKS for trying to help me with this, I really appreciate it nchtj.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Perimetro

my express rip free version, doesn't recegnize my cd-dvd rom drive, grrrrrrr, guys help me please, what should I do, I have an Acer laptop, pentium mobile technology, 'centrino', 1.8Ghz, SO Windows XP home edition, my e-mail: mmaure@hotmail.com , thanks very much in advance........

Guest Guest_Jerry_*
anyone experiencing problems with Express Rip not recognising their CD-ROM drive please send me an email at tj[at]nch.com.au and I will arrange to give you an unreleased version of Express Rip for you to try out.

In your email, please tell me if you would like the Express Rip free version or the Express Rip Plus commercial version.

I bought this several months ago and never could get it to work. The support for this is now non existent leaving me with Express Rip and Swift sound product essentially useless and no support what so ever. Can you please send me the free version, commerciial version.... anything that will work.

Thanks

Jerry

Chicago

greenwood@ameritech.net

• 1 month later...

Hi I dont know if you are still sending out the "fixed" verson of express rip but now that I got this laptop with home I also get the no cd drive detected... jason@xnote.com is my main that I can accept big files from, thank you if you are still helping with the fix.

• 4 weeks later...

this to me seams like a laptop problem. I have 2 different laptops ( one toshiba satellite and one compaqu) both runing xp pro and a cant get it to find cdrom on either yet my desktop computer that I bulit has no problem runing rip under xp pro