Pocket Dictate on WM2005?

Guest Neil Charlton

Guest Neil Charlton

Hi all,

Just tried the evaluation version - but it doesn't run on Windows Mobile 2005 - says 'a file is no longer supported' or something like that?

Any idea if a fix/upgrade is likely as I really like this piece of software.

Regards

Guest Guest
We plan to redevelop in the future for Windows Mobile. There are significant user interface differences between the units (no touch screen in Windows Mobile mainly)

I think I've been unclear. I have Windows 2005 running on a PDA (with touchscreen). This exact device was previously running 2003 and the dictation software worked fine. The issue is clearly with the new version of windows for the pocketpc, i.e. 2005. So I guess the question is are you aware that your software will not install on pocket pcs running the new version of windows and, if so, are you likely or willing to be able to update it?

Many thanks for the response.

Regards

• 6 months later...
Guest a mendes
We plan to redevelop in the future for Windows Mobile. There are significant user interface differences between the units (no touch screen in Windows Mobile mainly)

Any news, is this new version coming soon?

I am waiting for the Windows Mobile 5 version, too.

I really would appreciate support of it by now, as it begins to replace WM 2003 in all devices.

@NCHCraig:

Could you please provide us with a short statement when a new version with WM5 support could be expected ?

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Alessio Menini
I am waiting for the Windows Mobile 5 version, too.

I really would appreciate support of it by now, as it begins to replace WM 2003 in all devices.

@NCHCraig:

Could you please provide us with a short statement when a new version with WM5 support could be expected ?

Regards,

Hi, i am waiting for the Windows Mobile 5 version too, when the new versione with WM5 support could be expected?

Grazie

Thanks

Alessio

• 1 month later...
Guest A Gangsted

We need a new version of Pocket dictate for WM 2005 desperatly as well. All our PDA are being replaced with the new WM 2005 operating system. When will we be able to download the new version?

Anders

Guest Alessio Menini
We need a new version of Pocket dictate for WM 2005 desperatly as well. All our PDA are being replaced with the new WM 2005 operating system. When will we be able to download the new version?

Anders

I'm waiting the new version too!!! It's possible to have a date of release because I have to explain to our customer the problem...

Thank you

Alessio

Add another to a list of individuals waiting on wm2005 support with Pocket Dictate. Is anyone using another dictation software that does work on wm2005. I was very happy with Pocket Dictate on my old PDA, but I can't wait much longer for this software. I need to do something, any suggestions. :(

• 2 months later...

I started using Pocket Dictate on my WM5 device and it seemed to be working, but when I try to "send" (even just to a card) it takes FOREVER...this can't be right...

I too hope to get this for WM5

I also hope that someone from NCH at least replies to this board???

A Green, MD