convert dvf to wav or mp3

I have instales Switch and I am trying to convert dvf to wav or mp3, and when I click "convert" it give an error saying that I have to download and install the sony code. I have done it and restared my computer but the error continue. I can not playing this dvf files with Windows Media Player.

The file that I am trying convert is from Grundig MP3, model AR-500

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

Assuming the Sony codec installed ok, then if you cannot play the file in Media Player then it is possible it's corrupt in some way. I don't know anything about the Grundig MP3 player, but are you able to use it to save files to your computer in mp3 format instead of dvf?

• 2 weeks later...
I have instales Switch and I am trying to convert dvf to wav or mp3, and when I click "convert" it give an error saying that I have to download and install the sony code. I have done it and restared my computer but the error continue. I can not playing this dvf files with Windows Media Player.

The file that I am trying convert is from Grundig MP3, model AR-500

Anyone can help me?

Thank you

I've experienced several problems with the AR-500. I deleted some files from the recorder and it destroyed my directory. Now some files cannot be extracted from the recorder and other files are doubled in their place. Further, I started experiencing major malfunctions in my operating system (XP Pro). Several virus scans found nothing, but after I deleted the AR-500's drivers, things went back to normal. During instillation, I was told that the drivers are not digitally signed, so I assumed this was related to the problem.

Anyone having similar problems? Any solutions?

Thank you,

-Corey

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Janet

I was sold a Grundig MP3, AR-500 yesterday. sounds like I could be having problems. With your obviously greater knowledge of this product would you think I should return it and get something else? If so, what do you suggest? :(