LOAD .iaf files

I have been sent a .iaf file (which was recorded with Quickscribe) and am having trouble loading it into express scribe. Can it be done? I have only been using express scribe for a short while.

Regards

Wendy

Guest Nicole

Hi Wendy,

I have been using Express Scribe for some time now but had initially purchased Quikscribe Deluxe model for just over $2,000 but have not used it. Once the file is converted to .iaf format or recorded in that format it is encrypted so that only Quikscribe can play it. You will need to check with your author whether they were provided "free" recording software from another typist or whether they purchased the Quikscribe Author software outright. In either case I don't think you will be able to convert the file. Also, Quikscribe and Express Scribe have conflicts if used on the same computer.

Good luck

I have been sent a .iaf file (which was recorded with Quickscribe) and am having trouble loading it into express scribe.  Can it be done?  I have only been using express scribe for a short while. 

Regards

Wendy

Hi Wendy,

I have been using Express Scribe for some time now but had initially purchased Quikscribe Deluxe model for just over $2,000 but have not used it.  Once the file is converted to .iaf format or recorded in that format it is encrypted so that only Quikscribe can play it.  You will need to check with your author whether they were provided "free" recording software from another typist or whether they purchased the Quikscribe Author software outright.  In either case I don't think you will be able to convert the file.  Also, Quikscribe and Express Scribe have conflicts if used on the same computer.

Good luck

Thank you Nicole.