Problems with CallURL

bjears

Dell XPS Gen 4, Windows XP, IVM v2.43, CallURL Voice 2LV+

Installed CallURL board in available PCI slot.

Powered on system and it took a while to get to Account log-in screen.

(Also, mouse was pretty jumpy on that screen as if the system was busy.)

Logged in as "Administrator" and followed instructions to load drivers.

All went well until I rebooted.

System took quite a while (3+ minutes) to get to the Account log-in screen.

Tried to log-in as "Administrator" but the system got stuck as it told me "Loading your personal settings". Waited 5+ minutes before manually powering off system.

Tried to power back up and log-in with same result.

Powered off and removed board.

Powered up again and no problems with logging in.

EasyTAPI with Line Detector and Voice Settings appears in "All Programs" menu.

However, neither EasyTAPI, Line Detector, nor Voice Settings appear when I bring up the "Add or Remove Programs" menu.

Questions:

#1: Anybody had any problems installing a CallURL board before?

#2: Do I need to remove my voice modem and drivers before installing a CallURL board?

#3: How do you get rid of the EasyTAPI drivers if there is no way to uninstall? (Call URL site says to uninstall using "Add or Remove Programs.)

Ever since this episode, I have had problems recording messages with IVM (see recent posting).

Thanks for your input!

Ted

Try to remove the drivers using Phone & Modems under Control Panel, Advanced tab. Talk Voice TAPI Service Provider will be listed and select it and select remove.

The issue with booting after installing the board sounds like a classic BIOS incompatibility. You either needed to remove another card it was conflicting with or try upgrading your motherboard BIOS.

• 2 months later...
Guest Markus
Dell XPS Gen 4, Windows XP, IVM v2.43, CallURL Voice 2LV+

Installed CallURL board in available PCI slot.

Powered on system and it took a while to get to Account log-in screen.

(Also, mouse was pretty jumpy on that screen as if the system was busy.)

Logged in as "Administrator" and followed instructions to load drivers.

All went well until I rebooted.

System took quite a while (3+ minutes) to get to the Account log-in screen.

Tried to log-in as "Administrator" but the system got stuck as it told me "Loading your personal settings".  Waited 5+ minutes before manually powering off system.

Tried to power back up and log-in with same result.

Powered off and removed board.

Powered up again and no problems with logging in.

EasyTAPI with Line Detector and Voice Settings appears in "All Programs" menu.

However, neither EasyTAPI, Line Detector, nor Voice Settings appear when I bring up the "Add or Remove Programs" menu.

Questions:

#1:  Anybody had any problems installing a CallURL board before?

#2:  Do I need to remove my voice modem and drivers before installing a CallURL board?

#3:  How do you get rid of the EasyTAPI drivers if there is no way to uninstall?  (Call URL site says to uninstall using "Add or Remove Programs.)

Ever since this episode, I have had problems recording messages with IVM (see recent posting).

Thanks for your input!

Ted

I have experienced this problem within the last month using a CallURL board 2/LV+. The problem did not occur during the intial setup. Instead, I was browsing the CallURL's website and discovered that it appeared that an update for the driver for the board was available, so I decided to upgrade. I like to keep all of my drivers and software updated at all times. Well, when I installed the new drivers (Easy TAPI 2.40) which their website stated was the lastest for my software, my system did something simliar, only the second the driver was installed, my system threw me out of my windows sessions. When the system reloaded, it took a long time and the system hung on the "Loading your perosnal settings..". I rebooted my system using a cold boot/powering it off. Then turned back on, using the safe mode option, removing the new drivers using the "Add/Remove programs" and removing the Easy TAPI folder from C:\EasyTAPI. Rebooted my system again and reinstalled the drivers from my original CD that came with my CallURL board.

I noticed on CallURL's website, from the downloads page, the boards show the same name (duplicate board numbers), but different of driver for the first one, then the second and third boards show a version with the same number, however a different letter after the version number. In any case, the first boards version of 2.40 is incorrect and does not work for the board I have 2/LV+.

You may contact me with any quesitons you may have. I hope that I will be able to answer any questions that you may have.

Markus

markus@comm-breakdown.com

Communications Breakdown

San Jose, CA USA

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting, I will look into these drivers too.

The first time I installed the CallURL card (received it just a week ago), the computer (new Dell GX280n) started normal. But after another reboot, it started very very slowly. First it seemed to help to completely power down (remove the power plug), but still once in a while it would start slowly.

Eventually, I moved the CallURL PCI card to the other available PCI slot. And so far this has solved the problem. Now it always starts as normal.

Actually the installation of the CallURL drivers is not very smooth. I haven't figured out exactly what happens, but the installation from the original CD doesn't seem to work 100%. It looks like WinXP re-installs the drivers after reboot, as if the original CallURL CD didn't register the drivers.

Martijn

• 2 weeks later...

We have had a few customers using CallURL boards where their PC do not work correctly after installation of the board. These are the main issues

1. PCI voltage level. The various boards have different voltage requirements and different revision PCI slots generate different voltages. The latest installation guide for CallURL boards does address this issue and describes the different PCI slots and their voltage issues

2. BIOS conflict - the BIOS in the motherboard does not correctly handle the card or another card loaded. First please upgrade your BIOS for you motherboard. It does not matter that you have a new PC you can still normally upgrade the BIOS. If this doies not help try removing other PCI cards from you PC

3. IRQ conflict - sometimes Windows will allocate the same IRQ number to two PCI boards. Check through Device Manager and see if there are any duplicate numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Maxlee

Yeah, I am having same problem with CALLURL card. It was working well with INTEL 865 board however without any reason it gave me such problem.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest

Thank you for being generous with your resources... I hope that you will receive more than you need for your time and

energy. Keep at work!

Guest Guest

Greetings to all! Excuse for this message, but at you excellent design of a site! Very much it was pleasant to me, I shall come here very often!