TAPI Fax Handoff

jervin

I run IVM and noticed the message: "Attempt TAPI fax handoff" which implies to me that somebody called my fax modem from a Fax machine and that IVM is attempting to switch over to fax software to deliver the fax. I don't know how to implement this. Does anybody know what software I'd need to add to my system to do this? I would love to add this to my system.

Guest Oscar

I'm also new setting up the software and I can't get the handoff to work correctly, however I am trying to use a FAX/printer/copier instead of fax software.

I just added distinctive ringing to incoming faxes and will try to set up the fax to answer the distinctive rings right away and ignore the rest which would be picked up by the IVM Answering Attendant. I haven't teste it yet, but I will let you know. Does anyone else have any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Currently no software correcly handles TAPI Fax handoff. As such you cannot get any software solution to work.

Darn, I have a perfectly good Modem that handles Fax and Voice and I'd like to find software that handles both functions. I like IVM a lot, perhaps that's something for the future. -jfe-

• 3 weeks later...
Guest David G Broadbent
Darn, I have a perfectly good Modem that handles Fax and Voice and I'd like to find software that handles both functions.  I like IVM a lot, perhaps that's something for the future. -jfe-

Ventafx or Fxatlak messger handesl this.

• 7 months later...

WinFax Pro by Symantec appears to have an option called Call Discrimination ( accessed by going to Tools->Program Setup->Receive->Advanced->Call Discrimination->Direct All Data Calls to an Available Data Communications Program), however I have not gotten this to work yet.

The IVM help file states that Windows does not support TAPI Fax Handoff yet, so I am wondering if (1) this is the problem and (2) if windows supports TAPI Fax Handoff yet.

A P Limbert CPA

http://www.acaudex.com

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...