Sony .oma file conversion to .MP3 - cut off

Guest T

Can anyone help me?? I am trying to convert some Sony .OMA files into .WAV or .MP3 files with SWITCH. I have downloaded the software and after I convert my .OMA files, I can play the music, but all tracks are cut down to 1:02 minutes. I have recording that are 23 and 14 minutes long. I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, or if I need to simply purchase the full-blown SWITCH software? Does the Free version only give you a 'sampling' of what the software can do? I am happy to buy it, but will not do so until Tech Support or someone can confirm whether or not I will be able to convert my sony .OMA files (each ranging from 4-25 minutes) into a useable format. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks,

t

:angry:

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_John_*
please read the forums, the topic of oma files has been the biggest talking point around here.

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=363

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=31

I have had the same problem. Switch will only convert the first 1 minute of atrac to MP3 then cuts off even thought the song is 4 minutes long. I downloading the trial copy of switch plus and that did the same thing. I cannot figure out why it only converts the first 1 minute. I am using windows XP home edition.

• 1 month later...

All you have to do is download the Sony SonicStage software, import your omg files and burn your omg files to CD via SonicStage. SonicStage converts the file to a cda (Track) file. Now you can convert the cda files to mp3. Of course you will need another type of software to do this. I use Sony Music Studio, but I am sure you can use any other type that can access a cda file.

As you can see this is a two step process, but it works.

• 4 months later...
All you have to do is download the Sony SonicStage software, import your omg files and burn your omg files to CD via SonicStage.

That didn't work because SonicStage tells me that there is a copyright on the OMA files. What's funny is that I just purchased those OMA files off SonicStage earlier tonight on a friend's computer, transferred them to my own computer via a flash drive, and now I get that error message.

-=MaStA ViC