asx/wax to mp3

Guest Sanjay

HI

I have this meta file (.asx) which I wish to convert to mp3..... I think it has some DRM restrictions...... is there any way I could do it?

Thanks

open the file in notepad and extract the URL from it. Paste the URL into your browser and download it. If you want to get that file into another format, Switch should be able to handle it.

www.nch.com.au/switch

• 4 weeks later...
open the file in notepad and extract the URL from it. Paste the URL into your browser and download it. If you want to get that file into another format, Switch should be able to handle it.

www.nch.com.au/switch

I've been having the same problem, trying to convert asx files, and I tried to follow these directions, but I'm still running into problems. I opened one of the files with notepad and found two URL's - I tried pasting each of them into my browser, but whenever I hit "enter," Windows Media Player popped up and started playing the file. Have I done something wrong, or are these specific files just going to refuse to be converted?

• 1 year later...
HI

I have this meta file (.asx) which I wish to convert to mp3..... I think it has some DRM restrictions...... is there any way I could do it?

Thanks

i have a .wax media file and i did what you said but it says windows internet explorer cannot download this file is there any other way i could get this song to myspace??

• 2 months later...
I've been having the same problem, trying to convert asx files, and I tried to follow these directions, but I'm still running into problems. I opened one of the files with notepad and found two URL's - I tried pasting each of them into my browser, but whenever I hit "enter," Windows Media Player popped up and started playing the file. Have I done something wrong, or are these specific files just going to refuse to be converted?

nope thats correct, at least we know the links work. because your browser is automatically opening them up in media player, you should paste the links into a download program like Free Download Manager and download them that way.

post #4 : if internet explorer can't download it that means it likely won't work with any other software program.