Audio Extraction From Video

chrisbster

I NEED URGENT HELP!!!

I am supposed to edit some video footage by Friday for a Project, so it would be awesome if I could get help, like now. I am crossing my fingers.

I am on Windows XP SP2 and I am using WavePad v 3.03.

I go to open a *.mpg file, and it says

"wavepad.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I know that Wavepad can do this, but it keeps crashing. I need some help soon! PLEASE?!?!?

I went on further into that system error message and I clicked on "To see what data this error report contains, click here"

"To view technical information about the error report, click here."

Then it names a temporary *.txt file which is included in the error report. I took that *.txt file and copied it below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<DATABASE>

<EXE NAME="wavepad.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="uninst.exe" SIZE="733188" CHECKSUM="0x3EA63052" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/27/2006 06:38:14" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/27/2006 06:38:14" />

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="wavepad.exe" SIZE="733188" CHECKSUM="0x3EA63052" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="04/27/2006 06:38:14" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/27/2006 06:38:14" />

</EXE>

<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="983552" CHECKSUM="0x4CE79457" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xFF848" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:36" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />

</EXE>

</DATABASE>

Hope that helps

There was another long report on there to Microsoft, but I couldn't copy-paste it, and I didn't want to type it out cause it is so long

Contact me via Chrisbster@comcast.net for more info if needed

PLEASE HELP ME??????

Chris Sterling

My problem sounds a bit similar to the last member...

I've just installed WavePad 3.03 15 minutes ago to trial and it crashes every time I load a file I want to edit. Not a good start!

The first time I got an error message the app was going to be shutdown. All subsequent times it just quietly exits with no error message as soon as it's finished loading.

My file is a 765,101kB wave file (44100Hz 16bit PCM I copied off a CD).

My machine has is low-end, 256MB Pentium 1GHz Win 2000.

:(

I will forward this to our video developer for investigating. Hopefully we can get back to you soon.

I NEED URGENT HELP!!!

I am supposed to edit some video footage by Friday for a Project, so it would be awesome if I could get help, like now. I am crossing my fingers.

"wavepad.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I know that Wavepad can do this, but it keeps crashing. I need some help soon! PLEASE?!?!?

I went on further into that system error message and I clicked on "To see what data this error report contains, click here"

"To view technical information about the error report, click here."

Then it names a temporary *.txt file which is included in the error report. I took that *.txt file and copied it below:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, that is a very long file to be loaded into WavePad. You may need to split it into smaller segments before editing with WavePad.

My problem sounds a bit similar to the last member...

I've just installed WavePad 3.03 15 minutes ago to trial and it crashes every time I load a file I want to edit. Not a good start!

The first time I got an error message the app was going to be shutdown. All subsequent times it just quietly exits with no error message as soon as it's finished loading.

My file is a 765,101kB wave file (44100Hz 16bit PCM I copied off a CD).

My machine has is low-end, 256MB Pentium 1GHz Win 2000.

:(

I NEED URGENT HELP!!!

"wavepad.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Hi,

I have been able to load mpf files here ok.

To check how long is your file (both in file size and duration) and what type of mpeg is it (mpeg1, mpeg2)?