Express Scribe v 4.04 Released

nchpeter

Version 4.04 of Express Scribe has just been released.

Many new improvements in better slow speed handling, improved user interface and much much more. It is still free of course.

Download here:

ftp://ftp.audiochannel.net/software/es.zip

Any chance we can get a list of that "much much more?" I don't want to have to dig through to find everything new... it'd be nice to know what applies to me and jump to it.

I was using v4.02 and it was working fine. I downloaded v4.04 and now my .dss files error out all the time, even after installing the dss32.exe.

:(

Luckily, I had renamed my NCH Swift Sound folder for the previous verison and was able to get the v4.02 back.

Can v4.04 be fixed?

Is this a known problem? I tried downloading Express Scribe for the first time yesterday and it keeps coming up with an error message and logging me out as well. I have never used Express Scribe before so don't have an old version and I am supposed to be doing a trial for a job.

I was using v4.02 and it was working fine.  I downloaded v4.04 and now my .dss files error out all the time, even after installing the dss32.exe.

:(

Luckily, I had renamed my NCH Swift Sound folder for the previous verison and was able to get the v4.02 back.

Can v4.04 be fixed?

I was looking forward to the new version, unfortunately, it seems to have some bugs related to playing DSS files. While I could do this with no problem with the old version (4.3), now every time I try to load them the program crashes. I have to convert them with the Philips 9350 software first rather than just load them like I did before. No, they are not recorded on LP, everything is the same as it was, and I downloaded the DSS converter. I have tried this on two computers and it crashes every time and, in fact, even when I try to restart Express Scribe after doing this, it crashes. I somehow have to delete the file it tried to load before it will stop crashing. It is very frustrating. It doesn't make sense either because it worked fine before. I luckily was able to find Express Scribe 4.1 on Download.com and now no problem at all. ??? Hopefully this can be fixed because I like the idea of being able to speed up or slow down with better quality. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having a more minor, but still bothersome, problem with the new version:

When I complete a file, hit Done, and then hit play on the next file in the queue, it starts playing the next file at the exact time the previous file was at when I hit done. It doesn't go to the beginning of the recording like 4.02 did. Again, it's minor, but disconcerting, especially when I don't notice right away that I started a large portion of the way into the file.

• 2 weeks later...