Error while trying to export video!

carli

Hello,

I'm working with VideoPad for over a month, and exported many videos, and everthing was fine till today. I tried to export my video in usual format and it keeps throwing me error about codec x264enc7. It says that file is corrupted or damaged, and that I need to delete it. Path is: /.../AppData/Roaming/NCH Software/Components/x264enc7/x264enc7.exe

Does anyone knows how to solve this?

1 hour ago, borate said:

Here's the path that I see for this file...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components\x264enc7\x264enc7.exe"

And the file is here.  Try replacing yours with this one.  If no go, reinstall the program while connected to the Net.

Tried, not working. I don't even have in the path you said that folder(still I created one), only in AppDa/Roaming/NCH Software/Components...

Already reinstalled 3-4 times, still gives me the same error

"Codec component is corrupted, missing or inaccessible. Please delete the component: C:\Users\Carli\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components\x264enc7\x264enc7.exe and retry. Delete the component?"

This is the message I get every single time...

Could you please try running VideoPad as Adminstrator (even with an account with Administrator, right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" can still help) as this can sometimes help the problem.

Alternatively, go to the x264enc7.exe file in questions and make sure you have permissions to access it (Right-click, Properties, Security tab). It might also be worth going to "Advanced" on that page and making sure that you're the owner of it (up the top).

5 hours ago, NotADevWinkWink said:

Could you please try running VideoPad as Adminstrator (even with an account with Administrator, right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator" can still help) as this can sometimes help the problem.

Alternatively, go to the x264enc7.exe file in questions and make sure you have permissions to access it (Right-click, Properties, Security tab). It might also be worth going to "Advanced" on that page and making sure that you're the owner of it (up the top).

Oh my God, I'm so dumb, how I forgot to try run it as administrator. Thank you very much! It's rendering now :)

• 2 months later...

Had the same problem. Was following all the steps recommended even running as Administrator, checking persmissions, etc. I then upgraded my version from 4.58 > 5.03 and still the same problem. Finally I read in another thread to delete everything in the components directory. Once I did that it was exporting like a pro.