Shake effect not working

wankywentz

Hi

Works OK for me in 4.48.

What steps are you following? Are other effects working?

Here are some general comments re: using the effects option......

Clips in the media list bin can only be treated individually with an effect when right clicked and Effects menu option selected.

Clips on the timeline are treated individually by clicking the FX box.

For a bunch of clips on the timeline..they must all be selected first by selecting the first and last with the SHIFT key pressed,

They can also be grouped by right clicking the selection and selecting the Group Clips option from the menu.

With a block of clips or grouped clips you must use the Video Effects button on the top toolbar and then select the type of effect from the menus. Only then will you get the option to treat ALL the clips in the selection.

Just clicking the FX box on one of the clips in a selection or even a group will only treat that one clip.

With the Shake effect make sure you have some figures in the boxes...0 will show no effect. (Usually there are some default values entered) Also VP creates the effect immediately as you enter values and all you have to do is close the effects window, there is no "Enter" button.

Wait for VP to complete the rendering.

You can try....Save the project file, clear the cache file from the Tools/Options/Disk page and then reload the project

If all else fails :-( try re installing VP.

Nat

Hi

Works OK for me in 4.48.

What steps are you following? Are other effects working?

Here are some general comments re: using the effects option......

Clips in the media list bin can only be treated individually with an effect when right clicked and Effects menu option selected.

Clips on the timeline are treated individually by clicking the FX box.

For a bunch of clips on the timeline..they must all be selected first by selecting the first and last with the SHIFT key pressed,

They can also be grouped by right clicking the selection and selecting the Group Clips option from the menu.

With a block of clips or grouped clips you must use the Video Effects button on the top toolbar and then select the type of effect from the menus. Only then will you get the option to treat ALL the clips in the selection.

Just clicking the FX box on one of the clips in a selection or even a group will only treat that one clip.

With the Shake effect make sure you have some figures in the boxes...0 will show no effect. (Usually there are some default values entered) Also VP creates the effect immediately as you enter values and all you have to do is close the effects window, there is no "Enter" button.

Wait for VP to complete the rendering.

You can try....Save the project file, clear the cache file from the Tools/Options/Disk page and then reload the project

If all else fails :-( try re installing VP.

Nat

I find that the shake effect works when i make the photos last for longer amounts of time, but when i shrink them down to how long i want them to be on screen (less than a second) the shake effect doesn't work.

other effects are working just not shake??

Hi

It would seem that SHAKE has no effect if the clip has a duration of less than 1 second. Whether this is a bug or a necessary limitation of the way SHAKE works I have no idea.

However, if you use the OLD FILM effect and un-click Flicker/Spots/Lines/Black and White you should find that the Shake option will work on clips/images of less than a second although there are no controls.

Note: At 0.5 seconds clips take a short time to render the effect.

Nat

• 2 months later...

It would seem that SHAKE has no effect if the clip has a duration of less than 1 second.

I struggled to get the shake effect to work until I read this. I changed the length of clip to 1 second and it works - thank you!

Though, I hope this would be changed and the effect would work even if the clip is shorter :'( Is there any reason for the requirement of 1 second? (also, if it can't/won't be changed, it would be great if this 1-second-limit would be mentioned somewhere in the VideoPad!)

Hi Mustetassu

"However, if you use the OLD FILM effect and un-click Flicker/Spots/Lines/Black and White you should find that the Shake option will work on clips/images of less than a second although there are no controls."

This may be the best you will get if you have to use a less than one second clip.

Nat