Exporting crash

Finding54

I seem to be having an issue with exporting my videos, which is strange because it's never been a problem. Every time I try to export a video (and mind you, it's not even 2 minutes long, so it shouldn't be this difficult) the program crashes at about 10% completion. I've only gotten it to finish exporting once and it only had 10 seconds of my video! I'm using version 4.14 if that makes a difference! (I haven't been notified of an update recently)

For Windows, 4.22 is the latest to date. Under OPTIONS|GENERAL, clear the cache files and see if that helps.

How much free space remains on the C:\ drive?

Has the drive been defragmented lately (skip this if it's an SSD)? Control Panel|ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS|DEFRAG AND OPTIMIZE.

Look under the FILE menu|RECENT PROJECTS to see if there's a .vpj file that's useful there.

Always back up incrementally using SAVE AS, not SAVE - which will overwrite the existing file.

The "blue tint" and zoom issue is known and being dealt with.... check recent posts for more info.

• 1 year later...

Hello c_major. I've actually encountered the same problem. I was editing a video, saved it and then closed the application. And yet when I opened video pad again and clicked the file, it tells me it's not a valid video pad file. It took me a lot of time to edit actually, plus, it's part of a birthday present so I'm kind of stressing out right now..

Hi NuraS

You have added to an old thread......(Jan 2016).   It's probably better to start a new topic, even if you use the same heading. :-)

So, how did you save your video? You should have used "Save Project"  /   "Save Project File As" or "Backup Project Files to a Folder"

All these options will produce a .vpj file which should load back into VP to re-create your project. Did this happen and was the file you created from your save a .vpj file?

Nat

Oops... Sorry :blink:

I actually saved it through 'save project' and gave it a name, and I've never had an issue whenever I reopened it again. Yet yesterday, when I pressed 'save' again once I believed I edited enough, closed the program and opened it later, it gave me the pop up that it wasn't a valid file. It was also a .vpj yes.

• 1 month later...
On 10/2/2017 at 7:33 PM, NuraS said:

Oops... Sorry :blink:

I actually saved it through 'save project' and gave it a name, and I've never had an issue whenever I reopened it again. Yet yesterday, when I pressed 'save' again once I believed I edited enough, closed the program and opened it later, it gave me the pop up that it wasn't a valid file. It was also a .vpj yes.

Kinda the same that has happened to me, and it is really enoying. What can I do about it?

If it is to PM no problem

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi there,

I am having the same  problem as described above. Have been working essentially the same video for days now, with no issues, then it just started to freeze up at the same spot today. Tried a bunch of different export file types to no avail. Also, my Computer has also started running very slow  since I installed the software, suspect this maybe linked?

Am on Windows 10 and V5.04.

Ran McAfee and Spybot Search and Destroy, so no virus probs.

Plenty of hard-drive space and only 3% fragged, so no issues there either.

Re-installed the software too, but no joy.

Edited by Gav Mun
Updated info.

Videopad should not affect the overall speed of your PC.  That said, video editing is resource intensive.  What are the specs:  CPU/GPU/RAM/free space/video adapter, etc.?

Under OPTIONS|DISK tab Clear Unused Cache Files, to rule out corruption as the cause of the problem.

Assuming you are running Windows, open the file manager and right-click on the C:\ drive.  Click PROPERTIES.  Click on the Disk Clean Up button and clear temporary files.

Try substituting another clip at the spot where it freezes.  Same result?

Hi Borate,

I cleared the cache as described and it's still the same. The export problem just started today and before now it was running very well. I tried re-installing the video-pad software, and no joy I'm afraid. 

My pc is an i7 4790 3.6 GHz CPU with 64 bit operating system, 12 GB RAM and 926 GB of hard drive, so that shouldn't be an issue. It did start to have issues opening up Word and Excel files about the same time time as I installed the video-pad, so it may or may not be linked, I cant be sure.

I'm running a defrag overnightand will re-instal the software again tomorrow and see what that does.

Gav

• 9 months later...

What version of VP?  Give the latest a try.

Yes, that file has no content. 

With your project on the time time line, click FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT.  Upload every file that results to DropBox, Google Drive, MS OneDrive or the like.

Make the link public and post it here.  Someone will check things out.  If there are many files, zip them first, then upload the ZIP file.