Horizontal Scroll Lock

Lori Edwards

I purchased version 5.22 some time ago. I bought the upgrade without a trial after using version 3.05 for years. I was able to select a portion of audio in 3.05 and the cursor would move within the selection. With version 5.22, the entire viewable portion in my window scrolls when I play the selection. I need to be able to lock the scrolling so the cursor moves within the segment. I have been forced to resume using version 3.05 because of this problem with 5.22. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks. Lori

Guest Alex Chapman

Hi Lori,

I wasn't aware that WavePad used to work like this. I'll see what I can do about getting this added back in, as it seems useful. I'm thinking it should only work like this if the selection is entirely within the viewable area.

Alex

Guest Alex Chapman

Ok, as of version 5.75 (yet to be released), the view of the waveform will scroll during playback unless there is a selection which is entirely within the viewable area. In this case the cursor will still move but the view will not scroll.

• 2 years later...

Krisflg8r this feature was added on the latest version (6.59) but on the version previously released the program scrolls the cursor and not the music. If you wish to install the version 6.55 you may use this link to download the installer; I advise downloading the installer with Microsoft Edge since the hosting website may have certificates conflicts with Chrome or other browsers: http://www.oldversiondownload.com/oldversions/wavepad-6-55-2016-08-03.exe

I will forward your feedback about this to our developers.

• 6 years later...

I miss this feature too! I was running an older version that worked great, after an macOS update I had to pay for version 16.01 of WavePad and now it seem cluttered and broken. Cannot find a legacy download of the latest 16-update from NCH to see if these things have been fixed, since i don't want to pay yet again for version 17.
Found 16.36 which fixed some annoying popups but havent found the 16.93 version. Is the latest update for my version available anywhere?  

20 hours ago, eriksoderberg said:

I miss this feature too! I was running an older version that worked great, after an macOS update I had to pay for version 16.01 of WavePad and now it seem cluttered and broken. Cannot find a legacy download of the latest 16-update from NCH to see if these things have been fixed, since i don't want to pay yet again for version 17.
Found 16.36 which fixed some annoying popups but havent found the 16.93 version. Is the latest update for my version available anywhere?  

Hi! We appreciate your feedback.

You may open a support ticket through this link https://www.nch.com.au/support/index.html if you need immediate and direct assistance regarding current versions of the program.

Regarding your concern about using a legacy/older version of WavePad, you may can browse through our archive of older versions through this link <http://www.oldversiondownload.com/>

In this page, installers are listed in this sample format:
http://www.oldversiondownload.com/oldversions/videopad-11-22-2022-02-15.exe

Where "11-22" represents v11.22, and 2022-02-15 represents the date of release of that version.

To know if your license is compatible with a specific version, kindly check the month of your purchase, then count six months from your purchase month (if you bought your license in 2016 or later), or count three months from your purchase month (if you bought your license in 2013 or earlier).