Video and Audio are not in sync.

georgew

I have installed with version 3.28 but I found the export output product which the video and audio are not in sync with a delay of less than a sec. I have checked the forum and cannot find a direct solution according to this issue.

I don't understand that why this core issue cannot be fixed up to current moment since found by 2012 as I know. I understand that we can un-link the video and audio and moving around the record physically by the users to adjust it. But I think it is not easy for a fresh users to move the record if they delay is less than a sec or 0.1 sec or more.. On the other hand, I cannot do such adjustment towards my 100 expected export output products.....If so , it is so inconvenient.

My original record of video and audio are in sync and my Pc is the latest CPU of I7 with 16Gb in memory. Please advise.. many thanks...

Hi

You don't mention the format you are using but my experience using HD MPEG4 H264 format video (1920 x 1080) is that (on my PC at least) the image progressively lags behind the sound, and even in a short time can be up to a second or more out of synch.

This is in virtually all the players I have tried. MPEG4 clips in a smaller format 1280 x 720 behave in a similar way but the synch error is less. I generally put this down to the fact that the larger the format the longer it takes a player to render the image but the sound is more rapidly processed, consequently the image gradually gets left behind. (This is logical but probably completely incorrect!)

However If I convert the MPEG4 video to MPEG2 format, retaining the original image size there is no de-synch of the sound and image and editing in VP behaves quite normally (even faster). The output avi video looks fine. In fact the MPEG2 conversion always appears clearer and brighter. The MPEG4 original always seems to be of lower contrast.

For the conversion I use Anyvideo converter...

http://www.any-video...for_video_free/

Worth trying.

Nat

Thanks Nat.

In fact, my video was in mp4 format for 1 hour and I just trying to add a header and footer only into the video only. Then converted it back to mp4 format by 1028 x 573 TV wide with 25 frame standard. I saw there a bit of out of sync compare with the original video. Do you know what else I can try to do as to improve the performance. Thanks a lot....

George

Thanks again Nat

I have closed some background tasks like anti-virus...it seems the sames. In fact, the delay is not obvious just with around 0.4.. sec but can be easily complained by users. Beside, I have used my PC with Adobe Premiere to export the same video, it works fine. I will try others fps mp4 setting and will let you know if have result..thanks..

George