Gaps..

LarryMully

Hi all!

I've had this problem for quite a while and I'd like to know if any of you have the same and if you could help me.

Whenever I stick two 'cuts' together there is a 'black gap' in between them of around 1/10 second.. this quite annoys me since I mainly make youtube videos (vlogs).

I hope someone can help me!

LM.

Hi

Something which has started with version 3.xx of videopad. It's been mentioned before on the forum.

http://nch.invisionz..._+black +frames

http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20230-cutting-clipstransition/

There is definitely a black flash between end to end clips placed on the same sequence line. Depending on the zoom level and with a bit of juggling you can sometimes get the black frame to preview by placing the red cursor line exactly in the join........

You can get around this unwanted effect by placing clip two (the right hand cut) on the overlay track above the sequence line and pulling it back a shade so it overlaps clip one. The transition from clip 1 to clip 2 should then occur without a black "flash"

Nat

Whenever I stick two 'cuts' together there is a 'black gap' in between them of around 1/10 second.. this quite annoys me since I mainly make youtube videos (vlogs).

Not seeing this with version 3.04, after placing several stills and a video at various positions on the time line. What version are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes if you expand the timeline as far as you can, you can see the gap between clips (it's usually about 1 frame). Then you can move the 2nd clip back to fill it in.

• 1 month later...

Not seeing this with version 3.04, after placing several stills and a video at various positions on the time line. What version are you using?

I'm sorry for the late reply.. anyway, at the time I used version 3.01... then, I downloaded a newer version which worked perfectly fine for nearly a month...

A few days ago that version started crashing over and over again, so I got rid of it and downloaded it again..... I editied a video for over 4 hours and then it told me I was using a trial version and it couldn't saved. Needless to say I was angry as f***.

I'm currently working on a video we have to make for a school project, so It's quite important. The point is... I can't find a free download which doesn't tell me to buy the freaking program whenever I'm trying to edit something... :(

I hope someone could help me.... :|

LM.

I'm sorry for the late reply.. anyway, at the time I used version 3.01... then, I downloaded a newer version which worked perfectly fine for nearly a month...

A few days ago that version started crashing over and over again, so I got rid of it and downloaded it again..... I editied a video for over 4 hours and then it told me I was using a trial version and it couldn't saved. Needless to say I was angry as f***.

In what format were you attempting to SAVE? After a period of time, the trial version disables many formats. However, there are several that can still be used. Then, if necessary, convert using another program.

In what format were you attempting to SAVE? After a period of time, the trial version disables many formats. However, there are several that can still be used. Then, if necessary, convert using another program.

I can relate to Larry that this is definitely an issue (developer created or not, I don't know). I use v3.24, and likewise I am told that I can not save the .vpj file after some period of time. I can't tell if it's after a certain number of saves or after a certain amount of time using the program. But I'm always nervous when I go to save my progress that it will pop up and say it's the trial version. My solution is to remember (or write down) what edits I've made since last save, close the program and lose my progress, uninstall, reinstall, then continue working.

@LarryMully: If you've still got this file open (that it won't let you save), try exporting the video. If it lets you do that, then you can keep working and hope your system (or the program) doesn't crash. Alternatively, you can export this video and have at least some of your work saved, that way you can uninstall/reinstall and then import the exported video and work off of that one.

Hi

I should have been more explicit. The trial version has never denied me SAVING a VPJ file or BACKING UP a VPJ to a folder.

What it does inhibit is EXPORTING, offering only the wmv, avi, asf formats ... and writing to DVD.

Interestingly I mentioned in a separate post that I tried version 3.28 as downloaded from the NCH page and thought for a start it was working OK (at least as well as version 3.24) The missing "Last image file" problem had been corrected and probably the "Gap" effect.

It would output in all the listed formats, consistent with being a demo version that hadn't time reverted to the limited output format. But then I noticed that it wouldn't save the project .vpj file. It just put up a window to say it was a demo version.....blah...blah...etc.

Saving a project file is a basic requirement, even of a demo version.

Of all the version 3.xx I have tried ,Version 3.24 seems OK.

Nat