Black gaps between video snippets

sh20

There seems to be an ugly bug in version 3.14? Every time a video snippet in the timeline changes to another, the first snippet get's one black frame at its end, although I brought them together with no gap. In the original video there is no black frame contained.

I started with a 3.04 project and there were no black frames between the video snippets. Then I imported the project in version 3.14 and there it was...

I also started a new project in 3.14 and it's not possible to get gapless video snippets - there is always a minimal black frame between (that can be seen in the resulting video).

Even if I shorten the first snippet at the end, then the black frame occurs earlier in the video; always at the end of a snippet when another should start gapless.

What's wrong there? I wanted to buy the version, but I cannot produce videos with a black frame after each scene...

I can get no support if I do not buy it - but I will not buy if there is such a huge bug...

Greetings, Steffen

Addition: When exporting the project as a mp4-File the programm hangs up at the video position where the first gap exists (first change of two video snippets).

I decided to stay with version 3.04. But I am disappointed, because there seems to be no possibility to get support before I buy the software. Nobody will buy something that does not work. And I think it's confusing, that you can download the software in different versions and languages all over the internet, but only few download links tell you the correct version before installing. I installed the actual German version, but this was kind of 2.x. :-/ And during each installation they overwhelm you with unwanted additional software and folders - I don't like it. Also the deinstaller is not working properly (does not remove unwanted folders in the windows start menu for example). I'm not sure whether to buy the version 3.04.

Hi

"Every time a video snippet in the timeline changes to another, the first snippet get's one black frame at its end, although I brought them together with no gap. In the original video there is no black frame contained."

This has been commented on several times...e.g. http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20230-cutting-clipstransition/

The output may not be affected though. An end to end untrimmed clip join seems OK but the black "flash" appears when (in preview) VP has to jump over a length of trimmed off clip. One has to remember that no clip is actually "cut" only the variable in/out points are recorded. The final render won't need to do this as the copy is made from each out to in.

Nat

Nope, I have tested this: The problem is, that I can see the black frame suddenly appearing also in the rendered video, not only in the preview. In version 3.04 preview and final output are okay. I wonder why it's not so in the newer version...

Hi

I have to admit that when this point was originally brought up I had a look at the version which was mentioned and found I could actually stop the preview on a join and have a black frame in the window, so I think it is a real effect! I also commented that the lines (black) between the clips were quite wide in comparison woith the thinner blue line between the clips in version 2.41 which doesn't show any of threse effects.

I am just looking at VP3.10 and there is a definite black "flash" at the join if a clip is simply split and the sequence played.

The zoom level using the mousewheel seems to affect the visibility of this "Flash" . Zoom out and it is easily seen. Zoom in and it is less noticable.

If I delete the right hand section and play the sequence there is a black frame of about 1/2 second duration just before the end!

The only way I can find to prevent this effect is not to split the clip but to drop the next clip onto the overlay track above and adjust its start position over the lower one to the point where the cut would have been. This way the the lower clip plays and the overlay clip cuts in with no black flashing effect.

But seeing as how the 3.xx versions run slow, takes an age to render the thumbnails and the soundtracks and does the same every time any changes are made, and also "loses" the last frame of a render if it happens to be an image (including the end titles that happen to be over a still image).. I shall still be using 2.41 which doesn't have these problems and works fine, despite not having some of the "enhancements" which go to make up the later versions.

Nat