cutting clips/transition

tat_addict69

Hey guys i'm new to this software i don't know anything so go easy with me lol

i only know what i have seen through youtube and stuff.

my question is i have one video that is about 5 minutes long and i have cut several sections out of it and for the most part the video plays okay however while playing you can def see the the screen flicker for just about a second but i was wondering if there is any way to transition the cuts more smootly so you don't notice them

i am am using version 3.12 video pad video editor

i appreciate any assistance.

Hi

If you are viewing your project in preview mode in this version, then you may well see a "black flash" where you have cut your clip and removed a section. However it won't (or shouldn't) be visible in the rendered output video. It's a thing that has been commented on elsewhere.

Nat

I've had the same problem recently, and it just started a few weeks ago when I downloaded the latest version. I had been using an older version (I don't have the version number handy but I bought it in 2012). There are no gaps shown in either the timeline or storyboard views, but any place where clips are split there's a microsecond where the screen goes black. The only way I've been able to avoid that is to crossfade the clips (0.1 seconds) but that's time consuming and a nuisance

I've had the same problem recently, and it just started a few weeks ago when I downloaded the latest version. I had been using an older version (I don't have the version number handy but I bought it in 2012). There are no gaps shown in either the timeline or storyboard views, but any place where clips are split there's a microsecond where the screen goes black.

Should not do that. Doesn't here, using verison 3.10. Try it... http://tinyurl.com/oqhebp3