Configuring Grandstream GPX-2000 w\Axom

Guest John McNeely

Guest John McNeely

I have been able to get the Grandstream GPX-2000 IP Phone to make calls as an extension on the Axom but not receive them because I cannot get it to register as an extension with the Axom. (It does register with other SIP servers, however.)The phone configuration has a syslog setting and I have been able to caputure the attempted registration conversation with the Axom as well as the successful outgoing calls that it makes. I can provide both the syslog and the Axom log upon request. (I have done so to both my Axom Tech Support and Grandstream Tech Support contacts). Not being able to register with the Axom significantly limits what the phone can do. It is a very capable phone (has 4 line buttons, 7 speed-dial buttons that double as line buttons when the first-4 lines are busy...all for under $100 including shipping). This phone would make a great day-time attendant console for small businesses, who use the Axom, whose customers insist upon human call handling during business hours (who can use the IVM Answering Attendant after hours). If anyone has gotten this particular phone to work with the Axom, please share your settings with me. Or, if you have any other thoughts or suggestions. The clock is ticking...I have only about 20 days to return it if I cannot get it to work. My email is: john_mcneely_lopez@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Guest Guest_mark_*

i have the same phone and same problem,

but my phone will register to astrisk@home no problem

perhaps something is amiss in the network interface with axon

i'm running axon on a win2000 box

dsl via pppoe drivers on the pc i still have a hard time getting in to axon from the internet.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JD Kreucher
i have the same phone and same problem,

but my phone will register to astrisk@home  no problem

perhaps something is amiss in the network interface with axon

i'm running axon on a win2000 box

dsl via pppoe drivers on the pc  i still have a hard time getting in to axon from the internet.

Same problem here with the GPX-2000; the phones registered to Asterisk but not Axon, so I was left scratching my head. I purchased the "support" in an effort to get the problem resolved, but the help was useless: simply a statement from NCH that it looked like my phone settings were right. Gee, thanks. Grandstream was better about trying to figure it out, but they hit a dead end quickly, too.

I've now spent thirty hours or so trying to troubleshoot, and about $250 between the support package and other consultations -- and it now seems that Axon will just not respond to the GPX-2000. Better late than never to find that out, I guess . . .

Guest JD Kreucher

Here's the response received from NCH this morning. It seems that some effort is now being made to resolve this issue:

After much investigation, we discovered a problem with the GXP-2000 phones when registering VoIP numbers. One of the fields in the GXP register request is malformed, which makes Axon reject the request entirely.

This problem has been submitted to Grandstream, but we have no idea when they will fix it. In the meantime, we will develop our own workaround for the bug and will put it into the next release of Axon due out within the next couple of weeks. I have noted your email address down and will notify you when the next release is out.

Guest John McNeely

According to Patrick Liu, Grandstream Technical Support, a new firmware release is coming soon. I note that the one referenced is in betatest but I will certainly try it. Thanks to every one who worked on this. I think the Grandstream GPX-2000 will make a very, very capable attendant set for Axon Virtual PBX.

Here's the response received from NCH this morning.  It seems that some effort is now being made to resolve this issue:

After much investigation, we discovered a problem with the GXP-2000 phones when registering VoIP numbers. One of the fields in the GXP register request is malformed, which makes Axon reject the request entirely.

This problem has been submitted to Grandstream, but we have no idea when they will fix it. In the meantime, we will develop our own workaround for the bug and will put it into the next release of Axon due out within the next couple of weeks. I have noted your email address down and will notify you when the next release is out.

• 2 weeks later...

I was also suffering this one. Thanks Cor for posting that firmware update link that fixed the comms issue!

Question for everyone though... can you get Axom or the GXP-2000 to show when the other lines are in use by other users in the office?

• 2 months later...