Error Message on Start

Guest Elissa

VRS was working just fine, but something has corrupted the program, so now it won't load. Each time I attempt to start/open the program, I get the Win XP "Send Error Report" window stating that "vrs.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program, but even upon installation, I still get the "Send Error Report" window. What is suggested to have the program running properly?

VRS was working just fine, but something has corrupted the program, so now it won't load. Each time I attempt to start/open the program, I get the Win XP "Send Error Report" window stating that "vrs.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program, but even upon installation, I still get the "Send Error Report" window. What is suggested to have the program running properly?

I sounds like something has become corrupt on your system.

My suggestion, uninstall VRS and reinstall it.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem today on the first computer I installed it to. Am trying it on another computer. At least I could uninstall the program on the first computer but successivereinstalls had the same problem. Fingers now crossed with the other computer! :angry:

I sounds like something has become corrupt on your system.

My suggestion, uninstall VRS and reinstall it.

Yes, I tried uninstalling, then reinstalling it several times and it continues with the error message.

I also have an installation on my laptop, which up until today, was working just fine. But now as of today, the program is crashing on my laptop AND my desktop. I tried restoring my laptop to a different restore point, but again the same error message as on the desktop!

I'm beginning to wonder if the program is no longer usable after a certain amount of time! I purchased two separate licenses for two separate computers. PLEASE tell me how I can get the program running again!

I had the same problem today on the first computer I installed it to.  Am trying it on another computer.  At least I could uninstall the program on the first computer but successivereinstalls had the same problem.  Fingers now crossed with the other computer! :angry:

I'd have to ditto your frustration! The installation on my other computer lasted until today!!!

I also have an installation on my laptop, which up until today, was working just fine. But as of today, the program is crashing on my laptop AND my desktop. I tried restoring my laptop to a different restore point, but again the same error message as on the desktop!

Argh!

I have the same problem.  I can't figure it out

Well, hopefully tech support will answer each of our questions regarding why it ceases to function correctly.

I am seriously considering the program ceases to function after a certain amount of time!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Denis Camp
Well, hopefully tech support will answer each of our questions regarding why it ceases to function correctly.

I am seriously considering the program ceases to function after a certain amount of time!

I am having the same problem.

Has technical support suggested any solutions. I don't want to go through a Windows reload if I don't have to.

What is our next step if we have tried all the above.

Thanks for your support.

Guest Razorback

Try this:

uninstall VRS.

-delete folder "c:\program files\nch swift sound" if it exists

-delete folder "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\nch swift sound" if it exists

note: you will have to be able to view hidden folders to delete

reinstall vrs