No audio after call established

Greg Sullivan

Sometimes, once a call has been established (answered), I can't hear anything at all. This is for outbound calls from Express Talk to a PSTN. (haven't tried calling another PC yet). I am using the BBPGlobal service. (SIP server) Anyway, I'll hang up, dial again, and all is well.

Now, I seem to recall having exactly this problem with another service - Freshtel using their own softphone, Firefly. Again, this was intermittent - it would usually work.

Just in case it's relevant, I'm using an AC97 soundcard on my motherboard.

Express Talk usually works well. In fact, it's great! I love the big red Record button - this is the first softphone I've found with this feature.

I never have the above problem with Skype.

Anyone have any idea what could cause the problem?

Cheers,

Greg.

Actually I think this problem only occurs the first time after Express Talk restarts itself, which happens automatically after changing a setting. If I exit out of Express Talk completely and then invoke it again, I think it always works, even the first time.

Version: 1.04

Greg.

• 1 month later...

What is the setting for the same since we are not getting the voice.

Please reply ASAP.

Regards

Actually I think this problem only occurs the first time after Express Talk restarts itself, which happens automatically after changing a setting. If I exit out of Express Talk completely and then invoke it again, I think it always works, even the first time.

Version: 1.04

Greg.