iiNet Phone - DOESN'T WORK WITH EXPRESS TALK

Guest apathy84

Guest apathy84

Ok i've been playing with IVM and Talk Express.

The organisation I am playing weekend IT support for is willing to buy all that is required however the lack of even a phone number to speak to IVM is very disheartening.

However that said I can't configure the IVM or for that matter Express Talk (since obviously the VoIP mechanism/app is one and the same) to receive or send calls via the VoIP service we have with iiNet.

This is how IVM & Express Talk begin

IVM Answering Attendant Run

Date:2005-11-11

SIP IP is: 192.168.1.8:5060

Unable to auto-dect public IP

SIP Public IP is: 192.168.1.8:5060

SIP Number: 029029xxxx@192.168.1.8:5060

SIP Number: 029029xxxx@sip.nsw.iinet.net.au

This however will not allow me to receive or make phone calls.

I can use any other other software phone (or hardware one) that allows me to define the following

VoIP SIP Domain: iinetphone.iinet.net.au

VoIP SIP Server: sip.nsw.iinet.net.au

So once and for all - will this software work with my VoIP service?

For support for customers who have not software you can buy a support contract at: www.nch.com.au/support.

Not only do you get a phone number you get your own tech contact.

So it's "Download our free software, and when it doesn't work, pay us and we'll tell you that it doesn't work" ?

He's not asking for free support, he's asking *if* it will ever work with iiNet. Do you honestly suppose he will consider paying for service if you refuse to even tell him if the software is compatible with his ISP?

• 1 year later...

I got it working with iiNetPhone by putting my phone number (086262xxxx) as SIP number, and sip.wa.iinet.net.au as SIP server. It didn't need any other fields except the password. Friendly name can be anything you want.

Good luck, and let us know how you go.

• 2 months later...
I got it working with iiNetPhone by putting my phone number (086262xxxx) as SIP number, and sip.wa.iinet.net.au as SIP server. It didn't need any other fields except the password. Friendly name can be anything you want.

Good luck, and let us know how you go.

Turnip - i recently put this on my jasjam & setup the same way for iinet.

Works ok but I find the receiver of the call suffers an echo of their own voice - have you experienced this?

Know of any fix?