Gets faster and faster

DavidK

:( I have noted a very significant problem with Express dictate on the Mac. As i dictate, the speed of the recording seems to go up and up and is ultimately unintelligible after about 5 minutes. I get round this by sending my dictation in smaller chunks. I note a post under express scribe which seems to be saying the same thing, but I suspect the problem there is the same (Chipmunk.......). Has anyone else seen this?

Using Express dictate 4.03 mac. G5 1.8 DP.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Anne Penniston

Yes, I have the same problem on Mac OS X. And I'm not hitting the fast forward button. I start on play and the recording starts out beautifully, then speeds up after about 20 seconds. Very frustrating!

:( I have noted a very significant problem with Express dictate on the Mac. As i dictate, the speed of the recording seems to go up and up and is ultimately unintelligible after about 5 minutes. I get round this by sending my dictation in smaller chunks. I note a post under express scribe which seems to be saying the same thing, but I suspect the problem there is the same (Chipmunk.......). Has anyone else seen this?

Using Express dictate 4.03 mac. G5 1.8 DP.

• 1 month later...

I'm having similar problems - the dictate actually says 20 seconds recorded after about 4 seconds and of course playback is then really slow.

Scribe is having a problem too - it is degrading after 5 minutes to unusable. Quitting and restarting works but this is tedious -

I'm wondering is it because the app is running under rosetta and is not a universal app yet?

It's frustrating as the dictate / transcribe solution is rapidly becoming a big problem.

We are using macbook pros and intel imacs running 10.4.6

Any ideas?