Trial expired...no longer works free...

hybucket

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please can we have some complete answers to our questions please?

Is the download source you have specified above, any different to the original? Will using add/remove programs actually remove the registration requirement to use this software for free? Why is there not an automatic uninstall icon supplied with the executable, as there is with all other software titles? Will my computer's registry still contain traces of the program? By using the link you have provided, does this mean I get the use of Express Rip, for free, forever? I'm not looking for a free lunch, just some straight answers, so I can make a full assessment as to what to expect if I do decide to buy. I feel it may well be in your interests to elucidate. Many thanks.

I eagerly await your response.

Kind regards,

Doctor V

Dr V.

All the questions your asking, the answers are available on our Web Page.

There are free versions to many of our programs and there are licensed versions, the licensed versions are called Plus or Masters in addition to the product name.

Many people come to our site looking for the free version, and download the licensed version instead. All I have done above is given them the correct link for the product they want.

*Is the download source you have specified above, any different to the original?

Yes, they point to 2 seperate installers. There is a different installer for the free version which is located at the link I have provided in the post above. As I have pointed out in a previous post, Go to the Index page and if there are 2 different installers the product name will take you to the Licensed version, the link below will take you to the Free version. The Free verison will not expire, the Plus (licensed) version will expire after 14 days.

If you hold your mouse over the link you will see in the bottom right hand corner of your browser the address of the link. It will give you an indication of the installer it is pointing to.

*Will using add/remove programs actually remove the registration requirement to use this software for free?

*Will my computer's registry still contain traces of the program?

Our software does not create any registry entries on windows machines that are not removed during uninstallation. There is no reason why you cannot uninstall the paid version of the software and then reinstall the free version.

* Why is there not an automatic uninstall icon supplied

There is an uninstall icon with the program , it's located in program folder for the software which is located on the C drive. Located in this folder you will find the installer, the uninstaller and the Help documentation.

*By using the link you have provided, does this mean I get the use of Express Rip, for free, forever?

Yes

Thank you, very much, nchaj. I feel you have a top product here, sir. I am very grateful for you taking the trouble to help me understand, outside of the main webpage. Based on your response and the subsequent performance of NCH Express Rip, since doing as you suggested, I would feel comfortable both recommending it to my friends and possibly upgrading in future.

Kind regards,

Doctor V

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you, very much, nchaj. I feel you have a top product here, sir. I am very grateful for you taking the trouble to help me understand, outside of the main webpage. Based on your response and the subsequent performance of NCH Express Rip, since doing as you suggested, I would feel comfortable both recommending it to my friends and possibly upgrading in future.

Kind regards,

Doctor V

Agreed, NCH is a TOP product!

Websites can be very confusing today. Mix that with technical information, and the reader can get very lost quickly.

I have been using NCH products for a long time. No 'known' spy ware. No bugs. Simple. Effective. Multi faceted. Affordable. Many more words could be used when describing NCH.

However, nothing beats top star customer service, and its the small, redundant, seemingly inane actions of a company that are noticed first with the customer.

10 out of 10 as always for NCH!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, actually NOT 10/10 as it happens...

The second download, as I was advised to take, earlier in this thread, has again shut down on me, just a few weeks later, asking me for money.

So what IS really going on here???

I wanted to burn to my laptop tonight, as I am headed to another part of the country, tomorrow and had relied on this software to do what our NCH representative told me it would. I'm not impressed. In fact, I'm VERY put out. :angry:

read the error you are seeing in full please

It says

Express Rip Plus has now expired. You will be unable to continue to access the paid version features unless you purchase.

Do you want to look at current special offers for purchasing now?

If you choose No, you continue to use the free version.

• 1 month later...