Old dictations play when new are sent

The Borg

:blink: Ok i know it sounds odd but its true. Im running Express Dictate Version 4.02 and i have this installed on 7 PCs all registered before you ask. I have 2 of these PCs which are used for typing and only one is used at anyone time. Now for the problem when the user of PC A sends a dictation it goes to the correct folder and has the correct name and details but has the dictation from PC B from months ago. any idears i have cleared down the old dictations from the shared file which everyone sends to and also cleared down both the local folders.

Any help or advice? Thanks

:blink: Ok i know it sounds odd but its true. Im running Express Dictate Version 4.02 and i have this installed on 7 PCs all registered before you ask. I have 2 of these PCs which are used for typing and only one is used at anyone time. Now for the problem when the user of PC A sends a dictation it goes to the correct folder and has the correct name and details but has the dictation from PC B from months ago. any idears i have cleared down the old dictations from the shared file which everyone sends to and also cleared down both the local folders.

v4.02? Did you mean v5.02?

What is your "Data Folder" option set to? (For v5.02 it's in the User tab of the Settings dialog.)

Do you know if you're using Windows roaming profiles by any chance?

• 5 months later...
v4.02? Did you mean v5.02?

What is your "Data Folder" option set to? (For v5.02 it's in the User tab of the Settings dialog.)

Do you know if you're using Windows roaming profiles by any chance?

We are using 5.05 and getting a similar issue. A dication is recorded and sent to the typist. An old matter is received, one that had already been typed. At the originating workstation, if that file is recovered and replayed, it is correct. If it is saved to folder, the typist can hear the correct recording, but if it is mailed the same wrong recording is played back. This is happening at our site and at one of our competitors site.

We are using 5.05 and getting a similar issue. A dication is recorded and sent to the typist. An old matter is received, one that had already been typed. At the originating workstation, if that file is recovered and replayed, it is correct. If it is saved to folder, the typist can hear the correct recording, but if it is mailed the same wrong recording is played back. This is happening at our site and at one of our competitors site.

Could you answer the questions too?

- What is your Express Dictate "Data Folder" option set to?

- Are you using Windows roaming profiles?

• 5 months later...

Hello,

Same problem here.

We have 4 of our clients having this kind of problem ; we have asked one of them for the "date file"; he is under Windows XP, and the date file is C:\Document & Settings\UserXXX\Application Data\NCH Swift Sound\Express.

What do you mean by "roaming profile" ? I am under Vista and I guess I am using the romaing profile since my date file is C:\Users\UserXXX\AppData\Roaming\NCH Swift Sound\Express, but I have never experienced this problem on my computer...

For information (that may help you dealing with this problem) :

- It has (for the moment) only appeared when using portable dictation devices (never had this problem when using microphones)

- In fact, it seems that ED goes back in the past and replaces the new files by older ones since the file sent keeps the right file name but has the wrong file number.

Eg: monday, I send the file 100_dpm0012.dct (100 being the %filenumber% and dpm0012 the %filename%). Tuesday, I have dictated a new file on my dictation device (the new file is called dpm0013), and when send by ED, it should be 101_dpm0013.dct but the file will be named 100_dpm0013.dct (right filename but wrong filenumber), and when listening, we will have the "old" n°100 file (the dpm012).

- This bug happened once after a restauration, which is understandable : as the computer is supposed to "get back in the past", ED does the same, and therefore, goes back to older filenumbers, and when sending the new files, ED replaces them by the "true" files corresponding at the filenumbers it s sending...

BUT the problem is that the bug does appear ALSO without any restauration...

And as you wrote, when recovering old files, you may find the "good" new files, but if you try resending them, the same bug happens. You must "save as" the file outside ED, and then, load them in ED and resend it....

Hope you will find the reason and the way to correct this bug.....

The version used is 4.13 (and no, we can't try using a newer version since it has been specifically developped for us, in French + specific functions)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I have seen this problem a couple of times and it happened after the sending PC did a system restore. The way that I found to get around it was to delete/rename the SEND folder in the common files for ED. Once that was done the problem did not occur again. Hope this helps.

BTW- Have seen it happen in multiple versions.