Express Scribe, Real Media Player & Video Files

ammearth

I belong to several online freelance sites. I bid on a job for verbatim, time stamped transcription of 'entertainment' videos.

The instructions were I needed Real Player and Express Scribe, and was given the links for download as well as the download link for the test file. The file went into Express Scribe perfectly, but would not play. I could not get it into Real Player. The employer's support line did not respond. Obviously, I failed the test.

Has anyone else had to combine a video media player with Express Scribe? If successful, how did you do it?

Thanks for reading this post.

:(

Dear AMM, Here's what I found on ES Help Menu Online Troubleshooting Page

P. Real Audio files (ra or ram) do not load properly

Check you have installed the Real Audio Player (version 6 or above) from www.real.com.

Try playing the file with Real Player - sometimes Real Audio installs codecs 'on-demand', which means that they download when Real Player wants them.

If the software crashes when you attempt to load a real audio file this is a problem in one version of the Real Audio Player. The solution is to upgrade your Real Audio Player (download from www.real.com).

I very strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with ES Help Manual, Sound Formats, and Troubleshooting page--you don't have to memorize it (I'm not going to quiz you on it next bell anyway!), but get an idea of what kind of resource this is when you get into trouble. NCH does provide a fair amount of resources, and digging yourself out of a hole instead of panicking is well worth the cost of Tylenol--not so?--KRN