Uplink single AND multiple incoming calls *BUG*

Hi there,

I just downloaded the trial Uplink and started to play with it. Everything works great for me but serious problem with multiple calls.

You will already know about the issue of a second call will place the first one on hold (which cuts the audio on that first call).

Taking one call at a time using the Uplink is fine with me, so I set the number of simultaneous calls down to 1 and restarted Uplink.

After that, took one incoming call which went over to SIP.

Attempted a second call into skype, which caused the client to display the usual Anwser Reject etc box, and it did not anwser that call - my first call was safe.

Now heres the bug:-

Hang up the second attempted call and try again.

It anwsers!

I guess that the way the Uplink is doing it, is setting the "Auto Answer" flag in skype. So when number of active calls = 1 (as per my setting), it sets the auto anwser off. I guess that it turns it back on after a call finishes. That will explain why the unanwsered call manages to fool the Uplink into switching the auto answer back on (because of the hangup - regardless of the fact it was not anwswered at all).

Something that puzzles me is that why offer an option to make multiple calls when it is simply using a virtual sound card - if it COULD force skype to take more than one call at a time, surely it will be "conferencing" these into the same "sound card (Uplink)" which isn't necessarily what people want?

Now, this is all very well, but I am looking to use this product to take incoming calls into an amateur live radio show hosted on the internet, and in Second Life.

I can't realy use it, if it disconnects an existing call in progress... Especially if the second attempted call does not have priority over that call at all...

Anyway - does anyone have any responses from support tickets to this at all?

Or maybe NCH is using a cut down version of skype that doesn't do this?

Many thanks,

Winne Woodget,

Milk N Kookies Radio Show

Hi there,

I just downloaded the trial Uplink and started to play with it. Everything works great for me but serious problem with multiple calls.

You will already know about the issue of a second call will place the first one on hold (which cuts the audio on that first call).

Taking one call at a time using the Uplink is fine with me, so I set the number of simultaneous calls down to 1 and restarted Uplink.

After that, took one incoming call which went over to SIP.

Attempted a second call into skype, which caused the client to display the usual Anwser Reject etc box, and it did not anwser that call - my first call was safe.

Now heres the bug:-

Hang up the second attempted call and try again.

It anwsers!

I guess that the way the Uplink is doing it, is setting the "Auto Answer" flag in skype. So when number of active calls = 1 (as per my setting), it sets the auto anwser off. I guess that it turns it back on after a call finishes. That will explain why the unanwsered call manages to fool the Uplink into switching the auto answer back on (because of the hangup - regardless of the fact it was not anwswered at all).

Something that puzzles me is that why offer an option to make multiple calls when it is simply using a virtual sound card - if it COULD force skype to take more than one call at a time, surely it will be "conferencing" these into the same "sound card (Uplink)" which isn't necessarily what people want?

Now, this is all very well, but I am looking to use this product to take incoming calls into an amateur live radio show hosted on the internet, and in Second Life.

I can't realy use it, if it disconnects an existing call in progress... Especially if the second attempted call does not have priority over that call at all...

Anyway - does anyone have any responses from support tickets to this at all?

Or maybe NCH is using a cut down version of skype that doesn't do this?

Many thanks,

Winne Woodget,

Milk N Kookies Radio Show

Hello,

I've sent this along to the developer to see if he has any idea's about this.