Debut - No Sound

sheldon94

I am using a Diamond VC500 video capture card, connected through a USB port. In other video capture software there is sound, but not when using Debut (no sound in the preview, none in the recording). I have tested several different programs and found the picture quality provided by Debut to be the best, problem being that there is no sound. My sound card is a Conexant AMC and, as I said, provides sound through other capture software. Any tips on how to get sound through Debut?

• 1 month later...
I am using a Diamond VC500 video capture card, connected through a USB port. In other video capture software there is sound, but not when using Debut (no sound in the preview, none in the recording). I have tested several different programs and found the picture quality provided by Debut to be the best, problem being that there is no sound. My sound card is a Conexant AMC and, as I said, provides sound through other capture software. Any tips on how to get sound through Debut?

I have the same problem. I have a ATI TV Wonder PRO PCI Capture Card. I have an Audigy 4 sound card. The sound doesn't work, It does in other programs similar to this, can someone tell us what's wrong with this program. I tried tech support question submission, but you have pay. That's where they get you. Free software, paid support. And the software kind of sucks so that's how they do it...

• 4 months later...

I have NO SOUND when playing the video, OR after recording the video. I, too, have checked my cables, and used other software similar to this when no problems, but really prefer the interface of Debut.

I've checked my sound mixer, etc. I am using the Dazzle 100 VHS to DVD hardware, and can hear sound when I play the VHS tape on other software, but not when it is recorded.

Can someone please tell me what I need to do? I'd like to transfer the VHS tape of the inauguration to DVD, and can't until I get the sound figured out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I have put a test video up on youtube but have already known that I have some sound problems. This was first my friends and when he gave it to me, it was missing the code to use the Dazzle recording program. Anyways, here is my setup:

Test Video

SETUP:

1. Dazzle DVC100 [DVD Recorder White]

2. Debut Video Capture Software

3. AV Double ended cord [TV -> Dazzle -> PC]

It records fine but I cannot find out what is wrong with the audio. In the recording program, here are the choices I got:

[sound Device] 1. Realtek AC97 Audio [sound Card]

[input Channel]

-Windows Record Mixer

-Mono Mix

-Stereo Mix

-Aux

-CD Player

-Line In

-Microphone

-Phone Line

[sound Device] 2. Default Sound In

[input Channel]

-Windows Record Mixer

-Mono Mix

-Stereo Mix

-Aux

-CD Player

-Line In

-Microphone

-Phone Line

[sound Device] 3. Dazzle DVC100 Audio Device

[input Channel]

-Windows Record Mixer

-Microphone

I looked and read that I need to use my computers sound card. I use what the FAQS told me which would be:

Realtek AC97 Audio - Windows Record Mixer -> Stereo Mix

It still seems to have trouble. Anyone know exactly what I could do?

• 2 weeks later...

I have audio (and video) reception thru my software & hardware w/ wintv which is what I'm trying to record. This is obviously a software issue

with the debut program. It appears there is no way to communicate with tech support unless you purchase the product which was what I intended to do. BUT...Why would I want to do that when it does not work !@#$#@! Even then, there is no information on how I would even do that! C'mon techno worms, what's the deal???

• 3 weeks later...
Guest N.C.H a.n
I have audio (and video) reception thru my software & hardware w/ wintv which is what I'm trying to record. This is obviously a software issue

with the debut program. It appears there is no way to communicate with tech support unless you purchase the product which was what I intended to do. BUT...Why would I want to do that when it does not work !@#$#@! Even then, there is no information on how I would even do that! C'mon techno worms, what's the deal???

Hi,

Have you tried each of the sound input devices in options.

Secondly, for each sound device, you can select from different audio inputs on the device.

If that fails, have you recently downloaded debut again? as there was an update a a week or so ago that may have fixed your issue.

Thankyou

• 1 month later...

I am trying to use a WinTV device with the Debut program. I have connected up my device and installed the latest program; when I turn it on, all I get is snow, like it is tuned to a channel that doesn't come in. Selecting the VCR Input has no effect.

I have also tried, with the same results, a Pinnacle PCTV 800e.

Finally, I tried a Videum 1000+ from Winnov; it states that there is no camera present.

Hardware I have tried:

Hauppauge Win/TV 878/9

Pinnacle PCTV 800e

Videum 1000+ Series by Winnov

My final goal is to record a composite signal, and overlay timecode in the bottom. Have you found other software that works?

Thanks, PaulM