Grandstream Handytone 503

KevinC

Hello,

I am trying to connect the new Handytone 503 to the AxonPBX.

I am already using a SPA3102 so I think I know what I am doing.

I can login to the HT503 ans set it up for FXO and FXS, but they are not registering in Axon.

Has anyone managed to use the HT503 with Axon?

Thanks,

Kevin

Setting up the HT503 should actually be a lot easier than an SPA3102. Assuming the HT503 is on the same network as the Axon computer, you should be able to simply fill in the 3 details below in thr HT503 configuration page after creating an extension for the device in Axon's configuration page (assuming you are using it as an FXS device)

1. SIP server and/or Outbound Proxy FQDN or IP address

Set to the IP address of the Axon computer

2. User ID, Authentication ID

Set to username / extension number in Axon (User and Authentication should be the same)

3. Password

Set to password in extension

Save the configuration and reboot.

Thx Phytonpoole,

Registration successfull, but I think there is something really wrong with my HT503. It keeps rebooting.

Contacted the shop and apparently Grandstream reported some issues with the PSU of the HT503, so I returned my device...

Thanks for the support and changing my codec to remove the unsupported G729 by Axon.

Kevin

• 4 weeks later...
Thx Phytonpoole,

Registration successfull, but I think there is something really wrong with my HT503. It keeps rebooting.

Contacted the shop and apparently Grandstream reported some issues with the PSU of the HT503, so I returned my device...

Thanks for the support and changing my codec to remove the unsupported G729 by Axon.

Kevin

I had this problem with HT503 it is usually from a conflict in the ports assigned for FXS and FXO. Reset button does not fix it (so much for the button). Device can be recovered by using a telnet client and then telnet to the last IP you used for it. Once there QUICKLY enter the password then at the prompt type RESET and depress enter. You will now get the factory reset that should have happened with the reset button. You may then reconfigure and be certain to verify that there are no confilicts between the ports. FXS and FXO CANNOT use the same port e.g. 5060 or 5062.

At least that's how I got mine working again.