can an ext number dial multi lines at one time

d1rage5

Like having a group line dial multi lines at one time can you do the same thing with an extion number?

someone calls in 198 picks up the call they transfer to an extion number 105. can you make 105 ring a group of internal lines?

This ext number should be after the line is transfered, not the ext line (dont want the est line to ring on a group) just an ext after 198 picks up and the called transfered to the ext.

How is this done?

Yes, when using IVM in conjunction with Axon, a ring group/queue can be created and used to ring multiple internal extensions at a time.

Yes, when using IVM in conjunction with Axon, a ring group/queue can be created and used to ring multiple internal extensions at a time.

Where is this setup? i know you can create a group or queue but when someone dial ext 105 how do you set it to dial that group and still leave boice mail in 105's voice mail if no answer.

i dont want the exteral extline to dial in to a group.

Well for one thing, the group number needs to be different to the extension number (how else would Axon be able to tell whether you wanted to call just 1 extension or the whole lot). Typically group numbers start with 7, and extensions with 1. However if most or all of the time you want to ring more than 1 extension when calling in, you could choose to switch this so that by default when you call 105, it calls the group of extensions related to 105 including 105, and when you call 705 it rings the sole extension directly.

I'm not exactly sure what determines which voice mail is used by default when there are multiple extensions in a group.

I would think (from a programmer's perspective) that it's either:

1) The mailbox of the first extension in the group list

2) The extension which times out first (has the shortest cut-off before voice mail kicks in)

If you can't get it to go to the right mailbox, you can use IVM's confirmed transfer feature. If the call transfer is not confirmed (i.e. not picked up in time), you could set it to go to a specific extension's mailbox.

Well for one thing, the group number needs to be different to the extension number (how else would Axon be able to tell whether you wanted to call just 1 extension or the whole lot). Typically group numbers start with 7, and extensions with 1. However if most or all of the time you want to ring more than 1 extension when calling in, you could choose to switch this so that by default when you call 105, it calls the group of extensions related to 105 including 105, and when you call 705 it rings the sole extension directly.

I'm not exactly sure what determines which voice mail is used by default when there are multiple extensions in a group.

I would think (from a programmer's perspective) that it's either:

1) The mailbox of the first extension in the group list

2) The extension which times out first (has the shortest cut-off before voice mail kicks in)

If you can't get it to go to the right mailbox, you can use IVM's confirmed transfer feature. If the call transfer is not confirmed (i.e. not picked up in time), you could set it to go to a specific extension's mailbox.

I dont think anyone is getting what i am wanting..

1. When a customer is calling a an external line (XXXXXXXXX) this line comes into axon will ring on group (701) and ext (198) the ivm auto attentment picks up and will route the call to the imput extion the called pushes.

2. When caller pushes ext (XXX) they will be routed to that extion.

Can that extion dial a group after being routed to the extion?

Aging i do not want the main call to RING on a group of numbers just the extion ring a group after being routed to that ext.

Does sound better to what i am trying to ask?

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm having trouble figuring out what you're trying to accomplish.

In axon you can select the group or extension you want each external line to ring for an incoming call. I assume by 'I do not want the main call to RING on a group of numbers' that you will set it to ring a particular extension.

This is the part that confuses me, 'Can that extension dial a group after being routed to the extension?' and 'just the extension ring a group after being routed to that ext.'

Isn't this the same as simply routing to a group in the first place?

If I can better understand what you are trying to do, I'm sure I can come up with a solution for you, but at the moment I am at a loss to the purpose of all this.

Is it that you want to be able to call in an extension directly, and then let callers dial an extension which actually dials a group of extensions? Are you trying to differentiate between calls made directly to an extension vs calls sent there (e.g. by an IVM transfer)??

Please provide further details.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm having trouble figuring out what you're trying to accomplish.

In axon you can select the group or extension you want each external line to ring for an incoming call. I assume by 'I do not want the main call to RING on a group of numbers' that you will set it to ring a particular extension.

This is the part that confuses me, 'Can that extension dial a group after being routed to the extension?' and 'just the extension ring a group after being routed to that ext.'

Isn't this the same as simply routing to a group in the first place?

If I can better understand what you are trying to do, I'm sure I can come up with a solution for you, but at the moment I am at a loss to the purpose of all this.

Is it that you want to be able to call in an extension directly, and then let callers dial an extension which actually dials a group of extensions? Are you trying to differentiate between calls made directly to an extension vs calls sent there (e.g. by an IVM transfer)??

Please provide further details.

the external line (xxxxxxxxx) comes in it will then routes to IVM (extension 198) the caller hears the announcement and make the choice of who they want to call (employee number or department) I have some departments that when they dial that department it needs to ring a set number of lines not just one desk phone.

Being that there is only one external line (with multi trunks) the caller has to be routed to the ivm attendant so they can transfer to an extension or department.

So yes if a caller dials in and ivm transfers them to an extension (employee or department) can that extension then dial (multi extensions or a group of extensions)?

I think the best way is to use a plug-in with IVM. The plug-in would reference a database to see which ring group is associated with that extension, and then it would return this to IVM as a variable which IVM could use in the next OGM to transfer to.

E.g.

Internal employee dials 105. Extension 105 rings.

Outside caller calls in and enters extension 105 (or some kind of reference number like employee id). IVM references the database and determines that 702 is the correct ring group for that number.

IVM transfers to 702, and extension 105 along with a couple of other extensions ring.

I think the best way is to use a plug-in with IVM. The plug-in would reference a database to see which ring group is associated with that extension, and then it would return this to IVM as a variable which IVM could use in the next OGM to transfer to.

E.g.

Internal employee dials 105. Extension 105 rings.

Outside caller calls in and enters extension 105 (or some kind of reference number like employee id). IVM references the database and determines that 702 is the correct ring group for that number.

IVM transfers to 702, and extension 105 along with a couple of other extensions ring.

do you know what plug in would be best for this?

You could probably accomplish this with either the

GETDATA, GETDATAX or SQLLINK plugins on this page http://www.nch.com.au/ivm/plugins.html

However it may be better to custom build a plug-in that is better suited for what you're trying to accomplish.